Food Tech - Upland, CA
Full Time, Employee
Relevant work experience:
Less than 1 Year
This is an innovative and visionary team. The
candidate for this position must be a self-motivated, creative thinker, with
strong interpersonal skills.
With direction from the Director, Research
& Development & in close coordination with the Food Technologist,
this position is responsible for:
- Development of new product prototypes and market-ready products
with emphasis on foodservice products.
- Development and application of new technologies, products,
processes and systems.
- Planning, conducting, and analyzing tests related to the
development of new technologies, products, processes and systems.
- Supervision and training of technicians and college interns.
- Development and execution of written and verbal reports, summaries,
evaluations and recommendations concerning the above activities.
- Other activities and responsibilities as assigned.
This position responds to the needs of both
internal and external customers, including our sales and marketing staff,
providing product samples, preliminary costing analysis, and other technical
support as needed.
- Minimum of BS in Food Science or related science course. MS a
- Strong planning, organizing, communication skills & multitasking.
- Solid technical background including understanding of product
formulation techniques, microbiological and sanitation principles,
sensory evaluation, shelf-life extension, processing technology,
regulatory compliance, NLEA, GMP, HACCP, and an understanding of plant
physiology & sensory evaluation processes a plus.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, data
entry, etc. Math and statistics a plus.
- Physical ability to conduct plant trials requiring climbing of catwalks
and stairs in a refrigerated, wet processing environment.