Food Safety Regional Specialist - Newburg,
Grocers - Newburgh,
Safety Regional Specialist - Newburg, NY
Work Hard. Get Results.
This is the philosophy behind everything we do at C&S Wholesale Grocers.
It's the commitment that's made us the nation's 2nd largest distributor, and
enabled us to help feed America's families for decades. And it's the attitude
that will lead to your success with us.
Join a Leader
We are C&S Wholesale Grocers, an $18 billion, privately held company that
distributes food to leading grocery retailers nationwide. We won't kid you -
we're serious about success, and working hard to achieve it, but also about
providing great opportunities and a supportive work environment. Are YOU up
to the challenge?
does a Food Safety Regional Specialist DO?
Put your energy and intelligence to work, keeping our multibillion dollar
operation moving, and making a real difference. In addition to providing
leadership and implementing all activities relating to Food Safety by
instilling zero tolerance and continual improvement attitude throughout the
regional facilities, you'll also be responsible for:
* Accountable in providing facilities the assistance on activities to insure
compliance to all FDA and customer audit requirements. Will assist facility
management staffs in review for facility compliance and corrective actions
and will assist leadership on all internal and external audits.
* Responsible for the implementation of corporate Food Safety Management
System that includes documentation, control and adherence to all appropriate
sanctioning regulatory concerns including FDA and customer-driven
* Audit all operations for compliance to 3rd party audit requisites and
customer food safety programs.
* Insures that all HACCP plan development, allergen management, documentation
and control are in place at all facilities and audits for compliance.
* Instrumental in the incorporation and solidification of food security
requirements per FDA and customer guidelines.
* Assist the Corporate Food Safety Department and company facilities in
developing food safety, bio-security, regulatory and quality initiatives to
ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations as well as compliance
with specific customer requirements.
* Assist in the implementation, modification, and execution of Standard
Operating procedures (SOPs) and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures
(SSOPs) for warehouse and manufacturing operations.
* Develop training materials and train personnel on Corporate Food Safety
* Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual
improvements in efficiency of department and services performed. Evaluate and
revise internal processes and policies to reduce costs and increase
* Include staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process
improvement; develop subordinates' skills and encourage growth.
* Effectively use project and team management/leadership skills and
experience to work in a team environment with associates with effective
planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects
simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
The driven candidate we desire should have:
* BA/BS in biology, food science, chemistry or related fields
* 5 years experience in food safety operations
* Excellent understanding of the principles of food safety as applied to
warehouse operations and food manufacturing
* HACCP Certification; Microsoft Office Suite proficiency; Project Management
and Problem Solving Skills
* Extensive travel required
yourself in whole new career class with the nation's 2nd largest wholesale
apply, visit us online at: http://careers-cswg.icims.com and go to
requisition #1268 now.
Working Safely is a Condition of
Employment at C&S
C&S is a drug free workplace.
If you do illegal drugs, don't bother applying, as we drug test all
An Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
C&S Wholesale Grocers - Work Hard. Get Results