Product Development Scientist – GA, VT
At Perrigo our mission is clear: we seek to provide quality affordable healthcare products. With over $3 billion in sales and more than 9,000 people working around the world, Perrigo Company is a leading global healthcare supplier. We develop, manufacture, package and distribute over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and consumer products.
With over five million square feet of FDA-approved manufacturing facilities Perrigo offers a broad line of store-brand products that contain the same active ingredients as the advertised brand products -- and we're the world’s largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market.
The Product Development Scientist supports and leads new product development projects for marketed and new products. Products may include nutritionals and foods, and involve experimental design, ingredient evaluations, pilot trials, troubleshooting, investigations and technical assistance to 3rd parties. Develop documentation and perform trials for the validation of new products and processes. Provides technical support functions to Operations, Regulatory and Research groups.
· Bachelor's degree in Food Science or a related scientific field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a food, nutritional, or food ingredient company preferred; in lieu of a degree consideration may be given to those who hold 10+ years relevant professional experience. An advanced degree is preferred.
· Previous experience developing food or nutritional products.
· Familiar with food safety, food and infant formula regulations, compliance and food labeling.
· Understanding of the chemical and functional properties of food ingredients.
· Knowledge of unit operations in food processing, and finished nutritional or food products.
· Proven track record of successful new product introductions and project management experience.
· Strong computer skills including proficient use of data base, Excel and word programming and document control and laboratory information management software.
· Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
· Training or experience with TQM and or lean manufacturing management is desired.
Georgia, Vermont, United States
Position Physical Requirements
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org