Product Development Scientist (Job Number:CHI01679) - IL-Chicago
Wrigley is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, and lollipops. Wrigley’s world-famous brands – including Extra®, Orbit®, Doublemint®, and 5™ chewing gums, as well as confectionery brands Skittles®, Starburst®, Altoids® and Life Savers® – create simple pleasures for consumers every day. With operations in more than 40 countries and distribution in more than 180 countries, Wrigley’s brands bring smiles to faces around the globe. The company is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, employs approximately 17,000 associates globally, and operates as a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated. Based in McLean, Virginia, Mars has net sales of more than $30 billion, six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and approximately 70,000 Associates worldwide that are putting our Mars Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through our performance.
The incumbent will support product development initiatives by participating in the formula creation of new and existing Wrigley's products. They will proactively work with Marketing, Supply Chain, Activity Management and other key partners to drive innovation projects for the European Gum Brands, in particular, Oral Care, 5 and Airwaves. They will ensure sound decision making throughout the stage gate process resulting in high quality and cost effective new products.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Manage all phases of the development from ideation to successful commercialization, including an overall product design, process and specification of raw materials
· Create, evaluate and commercialize formulations as a critical player in a multi-disciplinary team
· Identify proprietary and patent opportunities for improved competitive advantage
· Solve problems in manufacturing and improve processing requirements
· Apply Consumer Insights and Research Techniques to create product Key Quality Attributes
· Connect and collaborate with all functions in the European organization to ensure clear alignment of activities to deliver business results
· Guarantee compliance to internal and external policies, quality standards and legal requirements
The associate will have accountability for driving selected regional Product NPD projects. Decision making authority will reside within the creation of new product formulations to seek approval for progression through stage gates with the goal of a product launch.
· This candidate should be driven with excellent written and verbal communication skills, while possessing the ability to constructively challenge cross-functional project teams and business partners to achieve project goals
· The candidate will have a proven track record of delivering against objectives and implementing in regard to quality, time and cost
· Bachelor's of Science required with a technical area including; Chemistry, Food Science
· Bachelor's as described above, plus 1 to 3 years of work experience would be preferred
· Willing to travel up to 15% of time, mainly in Europe
The Wrigley Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com