Quality Control Technician - Omak, WA
Job Title: Quality Control Technician
Reports to: QA Manager
Location: Omak, WA
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
About the Company
SunOpta Inc. is an operator of high-growth ethical businesses, focusing on integrated business models in the natural and organic food and natural health markets.
About the Division
The SunOpta Healthy Snacks Division manufactures both Natural/Organic fruit snacks and a variety of grain & nutrition bars that are distributed throughout North America and in many regions in the world. We produce products for Retail partners under their Private Brand labels and we co-manufacture for some of the most recognizable brands in the North American marketplace. We are currently looking for a QC Technician to be part of our dynamic Healthy Snacks Division.
Quality Control Technician with daily responsibilities to include: monitor quality control on food production line, ensures quality specifications are met, and ensures product meets specifications.
Responsibilities (Key Role Activities include the following. Other duties may be assigned):
· Will monitor quality control on a food production line
· Perform required checks and measurements for specific products being made
· Communicate to appropriate production staff, maintenance staff, or management when problems arise
· Record problem and solution on appropriate forms
· Check paperwork for accuracy
· Verify ingredients staged for production are correct per the recipe requirements
· Check metal detector, seals and date codes every half an hour to ensure good results
· Collect samples for retains
· Calibrate and clean equipment to ensure results are correct
· Perform sensory evaluations of ingredients and product
· Must be able to work any shift and weekends when required
· Ensure that packaged product meets all quality specifications
· Report directly all quality related activities to the QA Manager
· Follow company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices) and all other quality programs
· Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required
· Responsible for ensuring work area is clean and organized
· Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a member of a team
· Strictly adhere to all Safety policies
· Committed to ensuring that the products produced meet all food safety and quality requirements
High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel software.
· The candidate with be subjected to pre-employment criminal background and drug screening tests. Any job offer will be subject to satisfactory completion of these tests. Other skill-related tests may be required.
· Technical or Associates Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or related science field or equivalent.
· LEAN Manufacturing.
Omak, Washington, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com