A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in
foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with
the industry’s greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food
and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one – to
continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business –
from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering
and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of
commitment commands only the best, and it's our great
people providing great service that generates our great
results. In turn, it’s important to us that our talented employees be
given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential. Play a key
role in our future success:
Working as a Quality Assurance Manager
for Morrison will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like
yourself! You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about what
The Quality Assurance Manager executes
a variety of supply chain diligence activities necessary to ensure safety
and quality of supplied food and/or beverage products, specific to assigned
product categories. Primary responsibilities include vendor certification
activities and related supplier performance and product conformance
monitoring activities. A strong background in manufacturing and quality
assurance is a must.
- Contributes to execution of supplied product
safety and quality programming to support the organization’s goals of
operational excellence, customer/client satisfaction, financial
performance, market leadership, and preferred employer.
- Contributes to execution of comprehensive plan
for company-wide vendor certification across a diverse and dynamic
supplier and product base.
- Evaluates supplier and product conformance to
standards and specifications.
- Contributes to advancement of supplier standards
and product specifications.
- Responds to supplied product safety and quality
issues, including defect complaints and recalls and other
- Assumes responsibility for a variety of
assignments and projects, potentially including: support of
company-owned food processing and distribution facility quality
assurance programming; technical support of product specification and
sourcing; private-label, external sales, and other procurement and
business initiatives. Supports both purchasing group (Foodbuy) and Compass programs and projects.
- Conducts a variety of technical research;
develops briefs, position papers, standards, processes/procedures,
executive summary documents, and similar written materials associated
with role/responsibilities and assignments.
- Prepares tracking, trending, exception, summary,
and other reports associated with supply chain diligence activities
and assigned roles and monitoring/measurement responsibilities.
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with
department Food Safety (Operations Compliance) staff on routine
matters, e.g. complaint investigations and recalls, and special
- Actively and cooperatively participates in team
collaboration efforts to improve common workflows, procedures, and
tasks to increase efficiency and assure stakeholder satisfaction.
- At least 5 years of directly related experience
required, including manufacturing quality control and quality
assurance, and auditing.
- HACCP-certified is required.
- Working knowledge of food processing and
distribution regulations, i.e. FDA and USDA/FSIS, and industry
- Track record of food safety/QA success in any of
the following focus areas a plus: produce, dairy, proteins (meat,
poultry, seafood), processed foods, distribution,
proprietary/private-label product development and/or monitoring.
- B.S. degree in food technology, food science, or
related curriculum and/or experience required.
- Technical competence and confidence is critical.
- Must be a strong, persuasive communicator and
coach, with the ability to relate to other professionals, peers, and
field operators, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong data management, reporting, and technical
- Multi-task and project management proficiency.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize,
and prioritize work.
- Analytical thinking is essential. Intellectual
curiosity a must.
- Ability to function effectively within a
fast-paced, diverse, and evolving corporate culture is necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and
ability to learn various software and web-enabled programs.
- Must pass background check and drug screening.
Great People. Great Service. Great
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and
quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve.
We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits plan. If you're looking for a career where you set
the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is
for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the
Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization.
Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and
consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL
associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V