Food Safety & Quality
Assurance Specialist Job
Date: Feb 4,
AS A Food Safety & Quality Assurance Specialist
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: food safety, quality assurance,
regulatory, FSQA, USDA, FDA
About This Opportunity
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of a professional
cross functional team.
As a Food Safety & Quality Assurance Specialist, you'll take the lead
- Conduct a documented food safety risk assessment on all prospective Owned
Brand vendor facilities manufacturing products for Target.
- Evaluate and approve product specifications for non-perishable/perishable
- Ensure accuracy and maintain current status of all vendor
manufacturing facility information in the database
- Advise Test Kitchen and Owned Brand and Category Buying Teams on approval
status of vendor facilities and communicate clearly any potential impact to
- Maintain monthly metrics reports and provide status reports on product
and vendor projects.
- Identify and develop a plan in partnership with vendors to reduce guest
- Support food safety and quality assurance key initiatives and activities.
- B.S. degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Public Health or related
- 3-5 years in food quality assurance, manufacturing or related experience
with consumer packaged foods/products.
- Technical and working knowledge of food safety, GMPs, regulatory
requirements, and industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong planning, organizational and implementation skills
- Strong communication skills
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages
anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k),
flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and
benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best
culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best
reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work
environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative
and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in
our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of
opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the
best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for
our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and
at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient
shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated
products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5
percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take
Charge of Education®.
Nearest Major Market:
Database, Engineering, Food Service, Hospitality, Kitchen, Law, Legal, QA,
Quality, Quality Assurance, Safety, Scientific, Service, Technology