Director of Food Safety – Meijer – Grand Rapids, MI
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and almost 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 18th largest privately held company in the country, as well as one of the top 30 most reputable companies in the United States by Forbes Magazine.
As you can tell, Meijer isn't just any company. We are extremely goal-oriented and customer-focused. We've achieved success after success to become a respected leader in a highly competitive retail market. We rely on our people to supply the talent and vision to achieve our goals.
From store leadership to marketing to buyers to finance, the variety of careers available at Meijer is as interesting and diverse as the people who fill the positions. While your job responsibilities may differ, the purposes are all the same: To make Meijer the best retail organization in the nation.
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Director of Food Safety. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for serving as the central driver for all food safety standards throughout the organization; has primary responsibility for the development and implementation of food safety and regulatory compliance policies and procedures for all federal regulated businesses and provides Leadership and technical support/expertise to manufacturing in conducting audits and to product development, product innovation and retail operations.
· Ensures absolute safety of Own Brand products manufactured at Meijer facilities
· Reduces variation and optimizes quality of all Own Brand products manufactured at Meijer facilities
· Designs, develops and implements Safe Quality Foods (SQF) systems for deployment and sustainment in Meijer Own Brand manufacturing facilities
· Manages multiple complex assurance projects
· Manages and directs the financials for the quality control function
· Is the liaison with Food and Drug Regulatory agencies (e.g. FDA, USDA)
· Stays current on state, federal and local regulations
· Attracts, develops and maintains staff to ensure uncompromised quality of Meijer Own Brand Products produced internally
This position will be based in Grand Rapids, Michigan's west coast. It's a great town with a top notch school system, cultural events, awesome outdoor activities, excellent restaurants, etc. Click to find out more! http://www.visitgrandrapids.org/visit.php or www.rightplace.org/live
· Bachelors Degree in Food Science or comparable related work experience
· 8-10 years experience in food safety, quality assurance, food and drug regulations plus operational management leadership experience
· Specialized Certification Needed: American Society for Quality: Certified Quality Manager, Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Quality Auditor
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Established SQF certification in an organization and is a SQF practitioner solving
· Technical knowledge and experience in Statistical Process Controls and Process Improvement Programs such as LEAN or Six Sigma
· Extensive knowledge and experience in managing financials for a department, driving down cost and increasing quality
· Must know how to thrive in a fast paced, retail environment
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org