Scientist Job - Barrington, IL
Date: Feb 24, 2011
Location: Barrington, IL, US
PepsiCo, Inc. is seeking a Food Scientist/Food Snacks for Barrington, IL.
Use chemistry, microbiology, engineering, & other sciences to study the
principles underlying the processing & deterioration of foods; research
ways to make processed foods safe, palatable, & healthful; & apply
food science knowledge to determine best ways to process, package,
preserve, store, and distribute food snacks.
- Develop food standards & production specifications, safety &
sanitary regulations, & waste management & water supply
- Confer with process engineers, plant operators, flavor experts, &
packaging & marketing specialists to resolve problems in product
- Test ingredient formulas & process specifications for new snack food
products, & use knowledge of: cold form technology; FDA & Canadian
equivalent regulations; Micro stability to ensure product for consumption
will meet flavor requirements.
- Rice cake popping technology, enrobing technology, mixing technology,
micro stability, incorporation of required sensory
criteria needed to produce intended flavors into the final product, &
ingredient mixing to perform duties.
- Utilize scientific methods to develop knowledge that creates business
opportunities that support the company's long term (more than 3 years)
-Design & execute experiments, & analyze & interpret data to
make technical recommendations on product & process issues.
- Identify & implement changes to improve these products & reduce
costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling & production
equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, product design,
materials & parts.
- Initiate innovation & development of new technology to improve
production of these products.
- Coordinate with external & internal experts for analytical &
- Participate as a member of cross-functional business development teams
comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Marketing,
Purchasing, Engineering & other groups.
- Record data testing ingredient formula & process specifications.
- Interested applicants should apply online at www.pepsicojobs.com.
Job ID: 31101
Nearest Major Market:
Business Development, Engineer, Engineering, Food Service, Hospitality,
Operations, Product Development, QC, Quality, R&D, R&D Engineer,
Research, Research Scientist, Sales, Science, Scientific, Scientist, Supply