Food Safety Scientist – Glenview, IL-1200334
This position is responsible for reviewing food safety programs and, specifically, CCP validations at external manufacturers and suppliers that handle sensitive products (e.g. RTE Dairy, RTE Meat and RTE Vegetable products). Programs include HACCP, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring, Zoning, GMP, and validation of lethality steps.
Provide support, as needed, to Business Units / Region with Technical visits to potential and existing suppliers/co-manufacturers to verify that key Food Safety and Microbiology programs are in place and validated
· Provide scientific and technical food safety and microbiological support to the BU/Region to ensure product safety and quality by conducting technical assessments of Tier 2 suppliers and co-manufacturers. Identify and communicate food safety risks to BU/Region, giving actionable advice on Food Safety programs
· Review the validation/ of Food Safety programs at supplier, co-manufacturers and Kraft Foods facilities and recommend improvement programs to ensure brand protection & contribute to business growth
· Partner with business partners where improvements and execution of relevant HACCP models and PEM are required at suppliers
· Conduct validation of Critical Control Points related to heat kill steps (Cooking, Smoking, Blanching, etc) and assess validity of data obtained by others
· Continuously improve technical skills in food safety and understanding of food microbiology, epidemiology and food hygiene matters.
· Conduct validation studies to determine critical limits for critical processes and partner with external institutions and business partners to update/maintain CCP models.
· Liaise externally to ensure most relevant information and emerging issues are identified and incorporated in food safety visits.
· Continue to develop technical visit criteria and program to incorporate new learning's and institutionalize them for future visits
Travel = 50%
· MS or PhD in Food Safety, Microbiology or closely related field and 1 - 2 years experience in applied microbiology or related discipline.
· Knowledge of HACCP
· Knowledge of GMP, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring, and Facility / Equipment Design
· Knowledge of Microbiology Laboratory Techniques with awareness of rapid test methods
· Awareness of quality systems/processes
· Experience with validation of Critical Control Point (Lethality steps such as roasters, cookers, and smokehouse).
· Excellent communication skills (presentation, report writing).
· Good people skills
· Action oriented
· Knowledge of basic computer skills.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com