Career Opportunities: Food
Scientist (Green Bay, WI) (2882)
Req Id 2882 - Posted 10/25/2011
REQ ID: 2882
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI 54303
of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for
Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor
of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household
names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs
more than 4,500 people in North America. We are a leader in the shelf
stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market
position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our
Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages brands such as Duncan Hines® baking
mixes and frostings, Vlasic® pickles, peppers, and relish, Mrs. Butterworth’s®
and Log Cabin® syrups, Armour® canned meats, Nalley® and Brooks® chili and chili ingredients, and
Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages
brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steam fresh®, C&W®, McKenzie’s®,
and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® meals, Aunt Jemima® frozen
breakfasts, Swanson® and Hungry-Man® dinners and entrees, Van de Kamp’s®
and Mrs. Paul’s® seafood, Lender’s® bagels and Celeste® frozen pizza. Our
Specialty Foods Division manages Tim’s Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian™ Kettle
Style Potato Chips, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman’s®
in addition to our food service and private label businesses.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Development of new
products and/or product renovation from bench top to commercialization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Design of products and their processes with some direction.
2. Working knowledge of plant equipment, plant processes and facilities.
3. Capable of acting as technical leader for projects assigned as primary
4. Appreciation for and demonstration of the scientific method in work
5. Interpret results and translate to possible solutions.
6. Demonstrate technical competence and technical communication skills.
7. Learn and utilize the on line specification system.
8. Maintain accurate and complete records.
9. Demonstrate motivated self-confidence and creative problem solving
• Travel (25%)
• Ability to conduct testing in plant environment, including a cold environment
for periods of time (45° - 50° F)
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• BS/MS Food Science or equivalent
• 4 years minimum professional experience working in a Food CPG company.
Good time management skills and basic understanding of the sciences.
Ability to interact with others in manufacturing, lab, and office
Computer skills that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with a basic
knowledge and understanding of food recipes.
Foods Group LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All openings will be filled based on the qualifications without regard to
race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, sponsor, marital status,
disability, or status as a disabled veteran or as a veteran of the Vietnam
Era. All applicants are invited to complete the Affirmative Action