Quality and R&D Manager - La Tourangelle Inc. - Woodland, CA
La Tourangelle Inc, a fast growing leading producer of premium artesian oils, has an immediate opening for a Quality and R&D Manager at its Woodland, CA facility.
The Quality and R&D Manager will be responsible for establishing a roadmap for achieving best-in-class quality standards for La Tourangelle products as well as direct our process standardization efforts to optimize our manufacturing processes and define QA policies. The QRD Manager will be responsible to hire, train, and supervise QA staff. He/ She will be responsible for the ongoing review, strategy development, and operational planning to ensure that all quality assurance programs meet applicable regulations and standards. The QRD Manager will collaborate with organizational leadership in the establishment of quality assurance objectives. He/ She will work closely with R&D, Operations, and Purchasing in creating innovative quality systems for product launches, support and business needs.
· Responsible for the strategy, administration, and direction of the Quality Assurance organization.
· Has overall responsibility for the Quality Assurance Department, including Receiving Inspection, Supplier Quality Assurance, In-Process Quality Assurance, Sustaining and New Product Development Quality Engineering, and Microbiology activities.
· Functions as an integral member of the product development team responsible for management of all R&D progress.
· Participates in new product development team meetings, technical design reviews, and phase gate design review meetings to contribute quality assurance requirements and considerations.
· Leads quality planning activities for new product development.
· Leads risk management activities throughout the product lifecycle, including new product development and post production risk management.
· Manages Receiving Inspection team. Coordinates and communicates with internal Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing Engineering groups and external suppliers to ensure timely corrective action when purchased goods and services do not meet requirements.
· Ensures all inspection and testing as part of product acceptance activities preformed on behalf of the company comply with internal controlled procedures, and external quality system regulations and standards.
· Works with R&D and Manufacturing to assure the effective development and qualification of inspection and test methods and equipment.
· Regularly reviews quality system standard operating procedures and work instructions, making changes as necessary to ensure compliance and efficiency Quality Assurance processes.
· Provides input to the Management Review process for systems assigned to Quality Assurance. Responds to corrective actions assigned from Management Review meetings.
· Develops, administers, and maintains quality systems required to ensure the company’s products are in compliance with quality standards as required.
· May lead FDA and other Agency factory inspections. Responds to nonconformities identified in internal and external audits, and to corrective / preventive actions assigned to Quality Assurance.
· Maintains oversight of the administration of all facets of quality assurance and microbiology for new and current products in order to assure compliance with internal and external requirements.
· Bachelors of Science degree or higher required (engineering, technical, or life sciences field strongly preferred).
· Minimum of 5 years experience in a food manufacturing environment with strong food processing/engineering experience & knowledge.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of SQF 2000, IFS, BRC requirements and other related regulations. Extensive experience working with regulatory bodies and with the FDA.
· ASQ certification (CQE/CQA/CRE/CQM) or equivalent formal training and experience preferred.
· Ability to provide leadership to others in the organization through influence, innovative practices and teaching skills to foster a corporate culture that of responsiveness, compliance awareness, self-regulation, quality system ownership, challenge of status quo, and continuous improvement in order to achieve the highest level of compliance.
· Possesses excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills in order to meet commitments and deadlines.
· Highly developed oral and written interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with company management, customers, suppliers, and agencies at all levels.
· Proficiency with personal computers, business software (e.g., MS Office) and software programs generating reports and statistics. Ability to create, use and interpret scientific tables, charts, and graphs.
· Competence in basic statistical methodologies and tools for analyzing data, and identifying and communicating the frequency, severity, and distribution of trends.
· Excellent problem solving methodology, using industry accepted concepts and tools to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways as they apply to compliance issues.
· Possesses a strong scientific and technical background, sufficient to establish credibility with senior management as well as the manufacturing and product development teams.
To apply for this position:
Please email HR@latourangelle.com with your resume attached to your email and your cover letter in the body of the email.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org