Assurance Specialist - PGP International – Woodland, CA
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for completing customer questionnaires
including research in order to respond to customers’ inquiries on a timely
basis. Maintain all food
safety programs such as (Environmental, Kosher, Organic, HACCP,
Vendor approval, Raw ingredient receiving, GFCO, etc.). Prepare for customer
and regulatory audits. Perform internal food safety audits and manage
follow-up. Supervise training of production employees (QA topics).
Maintain/create QA/Laboratory manual. Oversee laboratory equipment program.
Maintain product data sheets.
Manage completion of action
items for the QA department. Provide QA support to PGPI Colusa
- Fill out forms accurately, & writing
appropriate responses to requests from customers.
- Maintain and review Environmental, Kosher, GFCO,
Organic, raw ingredient receiving and HACCP programs.
- Internally conduct Food Safety audit
and manage follow-up.
- Assist in external audits in furnishing information
on the QA Programs.
- Supervise and plan all production employee
trainings for QA topics.
- Maintain Quality Assurance and Laboratory
Manual. Including SOP revisions and creation (writing, distribution and
- Manage the Supplier Approval Program and
maintaining program requirements. This would include assessment of
new supplier, requests for documents from the suppliers and maintaining
current file content.
- Maintain product data sheet for finished
product (Crisp, Flour, Cakemix).
Maintain raw ingredient and packaging material specification for Vendors
- Oversee the laboratory equipment program by
ensuring that all external calibrations are completed and equipment is
in good working order.
- Delegate and manage departmental action items.
- Offer support to the Colusa facility regarding food
- Other assignments as
deemed appropriate and related to duties by the QA Manager