Company is looking for a Food Safety Technician at the Cary, NC
This person will contribute support to Production for the Quality testing
of finished products, raw materials, packaging materials, providing
training, methods, specifications, targets, equipment calibration and
supplies. Audits processes, records and methods. Provides support for
solving product quality and food safety issues, processes and product improvements.
1. Assures and records the proper working order, calibration and accuracy
of equipment used to check the quality of finished products. Audits the
working order and documentation of checkweighers
and metal detectors.
2. Provides supplies, specifications, worksheets, training and support as
required to personnel responsible for quality testing on the shop floor.
3. Audits quality information generated by operators.
4. Samples and evaluates held product against standards assisting in
5. Maintains a safe working environment and accident free work record.
6. Assists in troubleshooting quality problems and implementing product
7. Sample and/or document incoming materials on arrival; check certificates
of analysis, kosher status, lot numbers, and quantities; and test against
standards. Accurately document and report test results in a timely manner.
8. Makes determinations on acceptance or rejection of materials based on
testing, experience and consultation, when necessary, with management.
9. Ensures proper, current, approved laboratory, methods are used and that
test records, specifications, and kosher certifications are up to date.
10. Requisitions lab chemicals and supplies. Keeps accurate inventory of
all chemicals and M.S.D.S. files.
11. Prepares and conducts daily PES Quality review sessions, documenting
results, preparing reports and training employees in proper evaluation
12. Review of HACCP program and documentation.
With 2007 sales of nearly $12 billion, Kellogg Company is the worlds
leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods,
including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, frozen waffles,
and meat alternatives. The Company's brands include Kelloggs®,
Keebler®, Pop-Tarts®, Eggo®,
Cheez-It®, Club®, Nutri-Grain®,
Rice Krispies®, All-Bran®, Special K®, Mini-Wheats®, Chips Deluxe®, Sandies®,
Morningstar Farms®, Famous Amos® and Kashi®.
Kellogg products are manufactured in 18 countries and marketed in more than
180 countries around the world.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an
inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse
talent of its people.
Kellogg EOE M/F/D/V