Product Excellence Manager - Malt-O-Meal Company – Lakeville, MN
We Are Growing!
If you are looking for rewarding and challenging work with a progressive company, Malt-O-Meal has the right ingredients. As a leading manufacturer of breakfast cereals, we have built a strong reputation for hiring some of the industry’s most talented people. We are looking for a
Product Excellence Manager
Founded in 1919, Malt-O-Meal Company is privately held and headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Malt-O-Meal, the nation’s fourth largest cereal manufacturer, supplies a full line of branded cereals to all retail channels. The company currently produces ready-to-eat cereals, hot wheat cereals, and a full line of oatmeal products. The company operates production facilities in Minnesota, Utah, North Carolina and Iowa. Various distribution centers supply the customer base throughout the United States.
Senior Technical Leader responsible for leading staff and comprehensive cross-functional teams to deliver technical solutions that support business growth activities. Provide the product expertise and support to deliver Safe, Quality Products as expected by our customers and consumers. Establish and sustain product excellence while maximizing profitability. Support Product & Technology aligned Business Teams. Participate and contribute on the ITE leadership team in the development and implementation of Company Strategies and Plans for the attainment of Company Goals.
· Lead and Manage direct reports and projects utilizing reinforcing feedback and metrics to establish expectations and reinforce desired behaviors and results.
· Technical Leader supporting strategies and plans for operations, facilities, products, processes, safety, quality, environmental and security systems.
· Lead and support staff on business initiatives within the Innovation & Technical Excellence Department.
· Demonstrated leadership in product quality and food safety; supporting MOM’s commitment to be the industry leader in both Food Safety and delivery of Gold Standard Product.
· Provide support and direction for design, engineering and start-up of for new capacity, new process technologies, projects, assessment of alternative technologies and engineering standards development.
· Support Innovation and Technical Excellence in all areas of direct an indirect responsibility including new products & packaging development and the integration new products and packaging into operations and new facilities.
· Participate in the formulation, analysis and administration of company policies and long range strategic plans. Review analysis of activities and plans to determine company and department impact.
· Provide support and leadership on Malt-O-Meal business systems: MOM Excellence, Sales & Operation Planning, Long Range Planning, Business Teams, Enterprise Business & IT Systems, etc.
· Determine and implement a balanced structure of internal and external technical resources that fits with company strategies.
· Education: Bachelors degree in Engineering, Science, Business or Food Science required, Advanced degree in business desirable. Knowledge of engineering, product development, business administration and manufacturing principles required. Familiarity with regulatory issues (e.g. EPA, FDA, OSHA, etc.) required.
· Experience: Minimum of 10 years product support, engineering or operational management including supervision of professional staff and business planning.
· Management Skills: Leadership; delegation; communication, written and oral; negotiation; conflict resolution and supervision.
Salary based on qualifications. Malt-O-Meal offers a competitive total compensation package and a great work environment.
Please apply directly on our Careers Site at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org