• Provide nutritional labeling, ingredient statements as applicable
• Provide direction to Pilot plants.
• Work with cross-functional teams in the development of new product
o Source ingredients
o Meet cost objectives
o Evaluate current processing capabilities
o Coordinate production start-up
• Facilitate product development by working with vendors.
• Lead pilot plant testing of experimental formulations.
• Lead plant trial testing.
• Provide equivalent or improved product quality and cost savings by
evaluating new suppliers/ingredients.
• Establish production parameters and processing procedures by drafting
• Confirm that products will meet code by conducting shelf life testing for
new product formulations.
Education and Experience:
• B.A. in Food Science or related field
• 6-8 years in Food Science or Food Manufacturing role
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations
• Experienced in product development and formulation.
• Proficient in experimental design and food sensory evaluation
• Ability to work with little supervision