R&D Senior Scientist, Sensory Science – Hawthorne, NY
Date: Feb 26, 2013
Location: Hawthorne, NY, USA
Within the Global Flavor and Ingredient Technology Team,
the scientist in this role is responsible for executing the sensory
evaluation to characterize an ingredient or technology's performance. Working
as part of a cross-functional team, the sensory scientist will quantify and
describe the sensory qualities and temporal profiles of new ingredients and
technologies through sensory evaluation.
· Execute sensory science research to guide Long Term Research in selecting ingredients and technologies to drive business impact.
· Recruitment, training, and maintenance of Descriptive and Discrimination Sensory Panels.
· Ensure accuracy in the data.
· Turn results around against tight timelines.
· Expertise in sensory science execution and analysis including applied psychophysical techniques, discrimination testing such as ranking, and descriptive analysis.
· Conceptual understanding of statistical and probabilistic analyses including the binomial test, ANOVA, Friedman Statistic, and R-index.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Descriptive Analysis Panel Leader.
· Expert in sensory software such as Compusense or Fizz required.
· Familiarity in using statistical software such as XLStat, SPSS, or SAS a plus.
· M.S. in Behavioral Science or Sensory Evaluation preferred, B.S. with additional experience considered.
· 2-4 years of experience in sensory and consumer science with a renowned flavor, food, or consumer products goods company.
· Ability to effectively communicate and demonstrate descriptive analysis procedures to sensory panelists.
· Ability to utilize multiple teaching techniques to ensure sensory panelists performance.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Evidence of being a good team player.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate findings to non-experts in a cross-functional team.
· Demonstrated passion, enthusiasm, and flexibility.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org