· Maintain the facilities Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
Program including all verification and validation activities. Responsible
for leading the facilities HACCP/Food Safety team including the
responsibility for performing all hazard analysis on any new raw material
or equipment introduced to the facility.
· Supports the Quality Manager in leading the plant’s efforts to maintain
· Establish and maintained detailed written procedures for the cleaning of
all processing equipment and the facility. Perform verification and
validation activities on the sanitation program.
· Manages the facilities environmental microbiological program including
the coordination of all sampling, the tracking of results, the
implementation of corrective action and the on-going verification and
validation of the program.
· Manages the facilities Master Sanitation Schedule ensuring frequency and
methods of cleaning are adequate.
· Coordinates the facilities food safety self-inspection program in support
of the facilities internal audit program. Works with facilities trained
auditors to perform monthly audits. Also responsible for documenting all
deficiencies, assisting in the development of corrective actions, and
tracks and reports the completion status of corrective actions.
· Coordinates key elements of the allergen control program including
ingredient labeling, segregation, storage, cleanup process, verification of
cleanups, and validation of cleanups.
· Manages Integrated Pest Management program including the supervision of
external vendor(s) for bird control, rodents control, pest control, and
weed control programs including the coordination and supervision of any
· Coordinates non-conforming product issues including identification,
segregation, disposition, tracking, and corrective action of non-conforming
· Develops Food Safety and Sanitation training programs, provides training
for production personnel as required and ensures employee understanding of
training through verification of activities.
· Monitors and provides monthly reporting on key food safety measures
(HACCP and Food Safety Prerequisite programs) and leads efforts to drive
· Coordinates with Operations and Engineering management to evaluate new
equipment and facility layout for sanitary design and works
cross-functionally to implement necessary corrective action.
· Investigates consumer/customer complaints, identifies appropriate
corrective action, and provides professionally acceptable written
resolution as needed to the Division Q & FS group and Customers.
· Assist Quality Manager with Regulatory audits, 3rd party
Inspections, division audits and Customer visits when necessary.
· Represents the plant’s Q & FS group as needed on special projects,
process improvement efforts and supplier initiatives.
· Works with division Q & FS personnel to implement division and
company food safety initiatives.
· Develops professional relationships with plant leadership team members,
division Q & FS personnel, R&D, suppliers, regulators and auditors
to ensure division product safety strategies are implemented across the
· Provides back-up support in the absence of the Quality Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (List job duties which may be important to the
performance of the job, but are not principal job functions.)
Inform Management of ANY Food Safety or Quality issues or of any processes,
which become non-compliant with specified requirements.
· Other duties/assignments as requested by immediate supervisor.
· Ability to relocate for future career advancement.
SCOPE DATA: (List number of employee’s supervised, annual budget
controlled, sales volume, area of impact – i.e. plant, division, group,
company-wide, U.S., Canada. Please attach an organization chart.)
Plant level position within the facility’s Quality & Food Safety
· Individual Contributor
WORKING RELATIONSHIP: (State types of contact required, both inside and
outside the company. Describe type of supervision given and received.)
Internal – At the plant interacts with all departments along plant
management and supervision. Also interacts with division support groups for
Q & FS, R & D, Purchasing, Sales and IT.
· External – Suppliers, trade customers, government regulators,
laboratories, trade groups, and certification and auditing firms.
DEMANDS: (Describe what physical demands will be placed upon the individual
in terms of lifting, pushing, pulling, etc.)
Frequent use of personal computer
· Frequent sitting
· Occasional lifting, pushing and pulling up to 75 pounds.
· Climbing steps and ladders on occasion with heights reaching 50 – 75
· Travel upon request
Bachelor of Science required; Food Science, Microbiology, Biology,
Chemistry, Entomology or related field is preferred.
HACCP Certified from a nationally/internationally recognized and accredited
HACCP training firm.
Minimum of five years’ experience in Food Manufacturing, Food Safety,
Quality or Operations.
§ Must have a minimum of three years’ experience in Food Safety or Quality
§ Direct experience with GFSI certification schemes (SQF, BRC, etc.) is
§ Must have the ability to coach and train on food safety related programs.
§ Efficient computer skills; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Lotus
Notes Databases and SharePoint are preferred.
§ Possess strong interpersonal skills, along with supporting verbal and
written communications skills.