QA Manager, Co-Packers/Suppliers – Rich’s – Buffalo, NY
The founder of the non-dairy segment of the frozen-food industry, Rich’s is a leading supplier and solutions provider to the foodservice, in-store bakery and retail marketplaces. The company is the world leader in non-dairy toppings, icings and other emulsions. Other key product categories include cakes and desserts; pizza, bakery products; breads and rolls; shrimp and seafood; appetizers and snacks; BBQ; meatballs and pasta; and gluten-free and all-natural items.
Since 1945, Rich’s has been committed to developing food solutions that raise the bar on quality, convenience and efficiency for our customers. Our delicious innovations can be found in kitchens and bakeries around the world. With more than 50 locations spanning six continents, Rich’s today makes over 2,000 products sold across 112 countries.
Rich’s takes great pride in our innovations and solutions that foster customers’ growth around the globe. We are recognized throughout the industry as passionate leaders and committed business partners.
QA Manager, Co-Packers/Suppliers
The position will assist in design, implementation, and compliance with RPC food safety and quality requirements for our Co- Mfg and Suppliers. Provides technical support to Supplier/ Co-packers on food safety and quality issue resolution and corrective actions. Works with Procurement, CS&L, R&D, and other internal customers to assure compliance with food safety and quality requirements of co- mfg and suppliers. Technically interprets third party audit and RPC food safety and quality expectations. Conducts food safety and Quality audits and establishes approval /disapproval of Co-Mfg and Suppliers.
· Implement, manage and audit food safety and quality requirements for Supplier /Co-Mfg.
· Manage, lead, and coordinate continuous improvement efforts and programs related to food safety and quality processes and systems, including defining performance measures.
· Develop and maintain the Co- Mfg expectations manual and ensure Suppliers/Co- packers are meeting requirements.
· Develop and implement technical plans, clearly defining the critical issues and approach to be used in resolving food safety and quality issues. Follow up with Supplier/ Co-Mfg to assure compliance to resolution.
· Assure Ingredients and Co- Mfg products adhere to specification requirement through effective communication of product audit results and follow-up to corrective actions
· Partner with Co-packers to establish targets, evaluate helplines and develop actions plans to assure corrective actions and reduction of helplines
· Develop and manage food safety and quality auditing system using RPC and third party auditors.
· Manage Supplier/Co– Mfg food safety and quality approval process for consistency across all lines of business.
· Determine approval status for Suppliers/ Co-Mfg, based on requirements of the RPC food safety and quality approval policies and processes.
· Design, implement, and manage programs, databases, and/or policies to track and determine a preferred supplier program based on performance and management of risks.
· Work with Procurement, R&D and Supply Chain on key food safety and quality requirements for Co-Mfg and Suppliers.
· Define food safety and quality testing requirements and compliance guidelines for Co-Mfg.
· Integrate with CS&L to assist in the process with the selection of potential Co-Mfg.
· Provide food safety and quality expertise to the project teams and determine food safety and quality requirements and recommendations.
· Assess the effectiveness/manageability of Suppliers and Co- mfg. for Rich Products Corporation (RPC) food safety and quality management systems.
· Conduct on-going gap analysis of Suppliers and Co- Mfg Quality Management Systems (QMS). Coordinate with plant management corrective action to eliminate identified QMS gaps.
· Provide support to Suppliers, Co- Mfg and customers as subject matter expert in quality management.
· Coordinate risk analysis and corrective action of food safety incidents (Class 1, 2, or 3) with plant management and the recall committee.
· Distributes specifications to co- packers for formula and product and processes. Maintains database of all current formulas and specifications with version/revision numbers.
· Review and approves test runs, including data collection during processing and sampling, for new product commercialization and product improvements. Works closely with co- mfg. Quality Assurance to ensure that the appropriate testing is performed on samples taken and that required analysis of sample data is executed.
· Maintains a thorough understanding of all products manufactured by the suppliers and co- mfg plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards.
· Bachelor or Masters Degree in food safety related field
· Minimum two years experience with USDA and/or FDA products in a food safety and quality functional role
· Minimum of two to three years experience in development, training and auditing of HACCP plans, sanitation programs, regulatory compliance, specification adherence, and various other food safety & quality programs with Suppliers and/or Co-Manufacturers.
· HACCP Certified required
· SQF and/or BRC training/certification required
· Effective written and verbal communication skills with internal customers and supply management
· Must be willing to travel up to 25%
· Extensive computer experience including knowledge of SPC,SQC, SAP, Optiva, and MLO, Microsoft Office
· Strong language skills, mathematical and analytical skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control, quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food, chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
· Ability to work with associates at all levels of the organization as well as third party agencies and regulatory officials.
· Demonstrated ability to influence and provide direction.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with strong interpersonal skills
· Thorough understanding of food safety science and principles including microbiological food safety risks and corrective actions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems, handle multiple and sometime conflicting priorities
· Ability to work within timelines and in pressure situations.
· Ability to work extended work hours and shifts as necessary, including weekends
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com