Sanitation Scientist, Food Safety-RES000139 – Battle Creek, MI
Lead with us as you manage sanitation and pest control programs and projects to proactively prevent food safety issues. Engage with us as you identify emerging issues and technologies in the areas of food safety and sanitation as well as grow your career at Kellogg and enrich yourself as you work for a company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Sanitation Scientist, Food Safety at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
· Being the corporate contact for a specific KNA business unit on sanitation policies, procedures, guidance and troubleshooting.
· Ensuring new processes and equipment installations are designed to provide proper sanitation and prevent compromises to food safety.
· Participating in sanitary design solution issues working with engineering or maintenance personnel.
· Developing sanitation policies and procedures.
· Providing training for implementation and conduct validation to ensure sustainable sanitation programs.
· Providing guidance for managing companywide pest control programs, procedures, and continuous improvement
· Providing technical leadership in prioritizing capital projects related to Sanitation and Food Safety.
· Providing technical leadership to identify, monitor, correct, and eliminate compliance gaps.
· Interfacing with RQT and plant resources to develop sanitation programs training courses.
· Providing technical leadership to Supply Chain and RQT in conducting risk assessments, and developing corrective action plan for sanitation issues resolutions.
· Proactively assessing available data and expert information to foresee and quickly react to potential and emerging issues.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Research, Quality and Technology, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in sanitation and pest management/ Microbiology / Food Toxicology / Chemistry or related area with specific experience in food industry sanitation.
· Knowledge and ability to integrate food law, food technology, food chemistry, microbiology, cereal science, agricultural and sanitation practice
· Possess leadership, communication skills, and diplomacy that will promote good relations with management and other technical and scientific disciplines in the effective execution of projects to accomplish corporate objectives
· PhD in sanitation and pest management / Microbiology / Food Toxicology / Chemistry or related area and industry experience, or M.S. and substantial industry experience.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
· This position will travel 40-50% of time to our manufacturing facilities. There is a possibility for off-shift and weekend work to support manufacturing activities.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
: Research and Development
: USA-MI-Battle Creek - Corporate Headquarters
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org