Process Engineer – Malt-O-Meal Company - Northfield, MN
We Are Growing!
If you are looking for rewarding and challenging work with a progressive company, Malt-O-Meal has the right ingredients. As a leading manufacturer of breakfast cereals, we have built a strong reputation for hiring some of the industry’s most talented people. We are looking for a
Founded in 1919, Malt-O-Meal Company is privately held and headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Malt-O-Meal, the nation’s fourth largest cereal manufacturer, supplies a full line of branded cereals to all retail channels. The company currently produces ready-to-eat cereals, hot wheat cereals, and a full line of oatmeal products. The company operates production facilities in Minnesota, Utah, North Carolina and Iowa. Various distribution centers supply the customer base throughout the United States.
Function: Provide engineering and technical support for multiple production lines and production support functions to insure the efficient production of a quality product. Focus on maintaining reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs, and changeovers. Support, implement, and maintain food safety practices as required through SQF. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Major Job Activities/Duties:
1. Apply standard engineering techniques in the analysis of existing production lines from raw materials to finished packages to provide safe and efficient manufacturing systems that meet quality, food safety, environmental and cost expectations.
2. Continually improve the rates, efficiencies, yields, and costs of manufacturing systems. Be actively involved in the development and implementation of the long-term improvement programs.
3. Initiate and cost justify capital equipment and system modifications to production lines in response to equipment performance and product quality issues.
4. Maintain a high level of equipment reliability utilizing maintenance, engineering, and appropriate resources to resolve equipment availability issues.
5. Maintain an up to date assessment of the production lines capabilities and restrictions.
6. Provide technical resources as required to other departments.
7. Provide training to production and maintenance personnel. Develop and implement standard operating procedures and parameters. Support and implement standard manufacturing practices across all production lines.
8. Provide a process engineering presence on the production floor to assure interaction with team members from all shifts and appropriate process engineering support and feedback for the teams.
9. Provide technical resources for incident investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action. Participate when requested in finished product and raw ingredient non-conformance process.
10. Provide night and weekend coverage as needed.
Job Requirements: Bachelor of Science degree in
Engineering. Five or more years of
engineering experience in a food processing plant environment. Possess strong understanding of mechanical
systems found in food manufacturing.
Experienced at analyzing process data and equipment performance data
to improve product quality and optimize system throughput and reduce
costs. Ability to write reports and
develop specifications. Knowledgeable
in the use of personal computers and process control software/systems. Incorporate safety, sanitation, good
manufacturing practices, HACCP, and code requirements into design work. Knowledge of process improvement tools and
techniques (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S,
Salary based on qualifications. Malt-O-Meal offers a competitive total compensation package and a great work environment.
Please apply directly on our Careers Site at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org