Job Code:29346784 Job Location: Saint Paul,
MN Category: Chemical
Engineering Last Updated: 03/02/2011 Apply Now!
• Applying ingredients and food product knowledge to develop new beverage and
food products and modify and improve existing products.
• Develop new and improved methods and systems for food production, quality
control, packaging and distribution based on the mission of the company
• Establishes and monitors quality control procedures throughout the
manufacturing process to ensure product consistency and safety.
• Researches the current consumer market and latest technologies to develop
new product concepts.
• Selects raw products in collaboration with purchasing and members Food
• Understands legal limits of ingredients usage and uses this knowledge to
formulate safe products.
• Maintains required documentation.
• Participates in preparing product cost based on raw materials and
manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products.
• Works collaboratively with the Food Safety Team and all members of the
organization. Serves as a backup for the QA technician when required.
• BS in Food Science or equivalent.
• Assists in the development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of the
• Writes, monitors, and evaluates the department SOPs.
• Acts as a customer resource to provide options and steer the customer to
products and processes that best meet their needs and our abilities.
• Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
• Follows all organizational safety practices and performs work safely,
without causing harm or risk to self, others or property
• Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance
• Facilitates and supports change.
• Builds effective working relationships.
• Knowledge of Genesis R&D SQL
• Ability to use Word, Excel; Quick Books.
• Demonstrates use of scales and measures.