Food Technologist I – Req #: 1308
Chicago, IL 60601 US
Date Needed By
Dawn Food Products
Dawn Food Products, Inc. is the world's largest privately owned, global bakery supplier with annual sales of over $1 billion, and over 4,000 people working in more than 40 countries. We have operations in the U.S., United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada and Holland. Dawn's proven recipe for success is built on our Circle of Excellence that includes: outstanding, hard working People who develop and produce consistently high-quality Products that exceed the expectations of our Customers around the world. Our culture drives global growth by embracing diversity while encouraging constant learning and continuous professional development. Dawn People enjoy great benefits.
Under direct supervision, tests recipes for new products and investigates ingredients for product mixes, fillings, frostings, etc. Ensures all product ingredients meet customer and FDA compliance guidelines. Works as a team member on projects, but may also lead projects from concept to commercialization. This position will have a good understanding of plant equipment and processes, and skills and knowledge are more process-oriented.
· Conducts experiments to test or improve upon recipes for DFP manufactured products.
· Engages in research to develop new methods of processing or production of DFP and / or Customer labeled goods.
· Ensures that all experiments meet the guidelines set by the Food & Drug Administration for food manufacturing.
· Maintains all acquired ingredient documentation related to the creation of any DFP products in accordance with departmental and FDA guidelines.
· Examines potential new ingredients for allergic or chemical reactions.
· Performs ongoing maintenance of ingredient databases to ensure system accuracy needed for the testing and development of DFP products.
· Contacts vendors to question and/or challenge their product requests and verify need for specific ingredients or content specifications.
· Works as project team member, but may lead projects as well.
· Provides constant support and information to team members in New Product Development and/or R & D to ensure the most accurate, up to date data is being disseminated.
· Responds to inquiries from customers and consumers regarding product content and labeling.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
· Demonstrates the “Dawn Values” of Team Dawn and supports the Circle of Excellence.
QUALIFICATIONS/LEVELS OF COMPETENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Science or related field preferred with 3+ years of experience
OR High School diploma with 5+ years of food product development experience
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com