Quality / Food Safety Supervisor – AM Shift
We Are Growing!
If you are looking for rewarding and challenging work with a progressive company, Malt-O-Meal has the right ingredients. As a leading manufacturer of breakfast cereals, we have built a strong reputation for hiring some of the industry’s most talented people. We are looking for a
Quality / Food Safety Supervisor
Founded in 1919, Malt-O-Meal Company is privately held and headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Malt-O-Meal, the nation’s fourth largest cereal manufacturer, supplies a full line of branded cereals to all retail channels. The company currently produces ready-to-eat cereals, hot wheat cereals, and a full line of oatmeal products. The company operates production facilities in Minnesota, Utah, North Carolina and Iowa. Various distribution centers supply the customer base throughout the United States.
Provide technical quality support to QA, Operations, Product Development with emphasis on continuous improvement, consumer/customer requirements, and continuous product quality. Act as official back-up for Plant Quality Manager and Plant Quality Assurance Engineer. Support, implement, and maintain food safety practices as required through SQF. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality, and environmental practices.
Major Job Activities/Duties:
· Perform internal audit activities of the manufacturing process which monitors quality and food safety systems.
· Conduct consumer and customer complaint investigations and report findings to consumer affairs group.
· Work on continuous improvement activities assigned by QA Manager or MOM Excellence. Participate in Kaizan, Green Belt, and Black Belt as a member or a resource.
· Develop and conduct Quality and food safety training for all production staff.
· Develop and implement Gold Standard, Quality/Food Safety initiatives at all Northfield facilities.
· Direct product quality and food safety surveillance of manufacturing areas and review HACCP documentation for compliance.
· Coordinate pest prevention activities with operations and assess all control methodologies.
· Support product test lot activities to assure products meet Malt-O-Meal specifications.
· Provide reports on quality data for plant quality, operations, corporate quality and other Malt-O-Meal support groups.
· Provide leadership to Quality staff. Schedule and assign work activities for QA Technicians.
· Write and/or assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions for Malt-O-Meal quality and food safety initiatives.
· Back up Northfield facilities Plant Quality Assurance Manager and Plant Quality Assurance Engineer in their absence.
· Investigate, document, provide corrective action opportunities for out of specification micro data.
· Other duties as assigned by Plant QA Manager.
· Education: 4 year BS degree in Food Science, Biological and Chemical Science or Engineering required.
· Experience: 3-5 years food product experience required preferably as a Quality Engineer, Food Technologist or Quality Supervisor. Knowledge of manufacturing processes, GMPs, food safety, GLPs, statistics and lab techniques required.
Skills: This individual must possess excellent
organizational and problem solving skills, the ability to work with a PC and
have demonstrated math/statistical computation skills. Knowledge of
Salary based on qualifications. Malt-O-Meal offers a competitive total compensation package and a great work environment.
Please apply directly on our Careers Site at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com