Food Safety Resource – Anderson,
Relocation: If necessary, relocation assistance will be provided in
accordance with Nestlé's relocation policy.
The factory Food Safety Resource, under the direction of the Quality
Assurance Manager, provides direction / leadership in HACCP, GMP, sanitation,
Pest Control and hygienic design programs. The position requires an in-depth
knowledge of food safety programs such as HACCP and prerequisite programs.
This position also requires effective communication skills to work with a
variety of cross-functional customers (QA, Operations, Engineers, Regulators)
both in-house and outside the Company to ensure the plant is aware of and
continuously improving overall food safety programs.
1. Responsible for establishing and maintaining the facility HACCP program.
This includes leading a cross functional food safety team which is
responsible for the study, reviews, modifications and maintenance of site
HACCP program. Responsible for maintaining HACCP validation and verification.
Responsible for defining the sites OPRP (Operating prerequisite programs).
2. Responsible for ensuring compliance with CFR 113.00 Low Acid Canned Food
(Aseptic Processing) by maintaining process schedule through coordination
with site process authority. Key liaisons with process authorities in
deviation management. Through the facility Validation/Change management
Quality Specialist maintain the facility aseptic validation documentation.
Manage site change management program in regards to sensitive food safety and
3. Accountable through the Sanitation Resource for develop, validate,
implement, and maintain the factory sanitation program. The sanitation
program must include the facility environment (internal/external) as well as
the processing and supporting equipment. When fully implemented, the program
should have validated SSOP's for all sanitation needs. This cleaning program
must comply with Nestlé internal policies and procedures, as well as with any
regulatory (Federal, State, Local) requirements.
4. Ensure that an Integrated Pest Management Program (IPM) is developed,
implemented, and maintained to support a pest-free environment. The hygienist
must be knowledgeable and trained in IPM principles. As manager of this
program, the hygienist will be the primary contact with 3rd-party Pest
Control partner and ensure that joint factory specific objectives are
established and achieved.
5. Manage factory Food Safety Management Systems including routine internal
audits. Act as the main point of contact for all external audits (regulatory
and 3rd-party). This would include the management and communication of a
formalized CA process to drive continuous improvement.
6. Drive continuous improvement in hygiene and sanitation by monitoring
trends in CIP monitoring and Environmental and Pathogen monitoring programs.
7. Responsible for establish and maintaining site GMP and Pre-requisite
policies. Develop and provide site Food Safety training programs.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology, Food Science/Technology, Food
Sanitation, or comparable field required.
* Prefer individual with AIB/ASI or some other professional GMP/Sanitation
* Prefer individual has completed Pest control training (i.e. State Pesticide
Certification, Purdue Correspondence Course).
* Minimum of 5-7 years in Food Industry Expereince
* Supervisory experience preferred.
* Effective communicator with training, facilitation, and supervisory skills.
* Deep analytical skills and problem solving.
* Must be capable of working with minimal direct supervision and have strong
demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
* Strategic thinker
* Self-motivation and ability to work with people at all levels of the
* Computer skills to include proficiency with the Microsoft Office Software.