1. Plan, organize and perform the necessary trials and
experiments (bench-top, pilot plant, and factory scale) as required to
deliver the process and product development projects that meet the
requirements of the client companies and Global Strategic Business Unit
(GSBU) and are delivered in a timely manner.
2. Provide ingredient product input and assistance within
the Center and externally (e.g., with Marketing, Manufacturing,
Divisional Engineering, Technical Applications, other R&D centers,
vendors) as required on a wide variety of projects.
3. Participate and contribute as a member of
cross-functional teams as assigned. Interface on project implementation
teams by assisting with hand-off from development through start-up and
providing operational training as required.
4. Function as a project team leader as assigned. Required
activities include, but are not limited to:
· Providing effective project leadership for the projects
· Fulfilling all requirements of the NPDI and StageGate/Product Development Process and Nestec regarding “absolute” deliverables for each
· Complete all required documentation and project
reporting in a timely manner culminating in the Preliminary Manufacturing
· Adherence to Company policy on protection of patent rights
and intellectual property
· Ensuring all appropriate documents and project records
are filed in the Central Project Files, whether paper or electronic
5. Effectively communicate results through oral
presentations and timely, written technical documentation and reports.
6. Conduct all activity in compliance with Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and all
required Company policies and procedures.
7. Travel as necessary (domestic and international).
8. Practice safety in the work area.
· Develop Nestlé Purina’s core competence specifically
regarding meat chemistry in pet food product development, including
physical functionality, impact of processing and impact in processed
· Provide technical leadership to create original,
differentiating technology with a high level of ability to apply
relevant scientific knowledge to products/processes associated with
meats and their by-products in pet foods.
· Propose projects utilizing technical innovations that
may be applicable to Nestlé Purina business strategy in wet pet foods.
· Maintain and improve upon the communications between
R&D and external contacts.
· Possess a recognized expertise and keep current in
technical discipline of meat sciences.
· Continue development of project leadership skills.
· Understanding the needs of the markets and operations,
aggressively self-generate new innovative product and process ideas.
· Establish and maintain good relationships with vendors
and counterparts at other Nestlé operations by encouraging frequent
· Additional duties as assigned.