R&D Lab Specialist - Blacksburg, VA
United Pet Group (UPG), a Spectrum Brands Company, is a leading global marketer and manufacturer of pet supplies with well established brand names such as Marineland, Tetra, Dingo and Nature's Miracle, to name a few. UPG's primary focus is passionate pet owners who seek the best for their pets.
Provide product development and testing services in the Companion Animal R&D Department. Assist in troubleshooting existing product and manufacturing issues and provide technical expertise and support to manufacturing, marketing and sales.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support product development and testing services, including independent formulation and testing development as needed.
· Participate in the reformulation of products by mixing lab standard batches for a wide range of companion animal products.
· Prepare mock-up samples in response to marketing and sales needs.
· Perform and monitor storage stability studies, log and compile data into cohesive reports.
· Develop and standardize analytical methods including methods used for analysis of FDA and EPA products.
· Participate in the investigation of consumer complaints to include the analysis of consumer complaint samples, investigating the root cause of the issue and cooperating with Regulatory, Quality Assurance and Production in corrective actions.
· Participate as part of a team with members from R&D, Regulatory, Production and Quality Assurance to investigate and provide corrective action on manufacturing issues, providing technical expertise when needed.
· Participate as part of a team with Production and Quality Assurance to assist in the scaling from laboratory prototypes to manufacturing.
· Maintain a detailed laboratory notebook for all projects.
· Maintain and update R&D laboratory Standard Operating Procedures.
· Assist in the maintenance and entries of R&D data bases.
· High level of prioritization and organization.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
· Problem solving and analytical abilities.
· Strong PC and Microsoft Office knowledge.
· SAP knowledge preferred.
· Bachelor's degree. Chemistry, Biology, Food Sciences or related science background preferred.
· Experience required in a laboratory settings, R&D laboratory or Quality Assurance laboratory given preference
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com