1 Dead, 4 hospitalized in Honduras food poisoning case
Source of Article: http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2009/03/04/4031684.htm
4, 2009 (EFE via COMTEX) -- At least one person died and four others were
hospitalized in eastern Honduras
after eating food that contained rat poison, the press reported Wednesday.
Cornelio Ferrera, 80, died Tuesday at a hospital in
La Union, a city in the eastern province
of Olancho, the daily
La Tribuna said.
The man's 89-year-old wife, Tomasa Munguia, cooked breakfast Tuesday morning using lard that
her son laced with poison and planned to use to kill rats.
The couple's three grandchildren, who range in age from 19 to 29, were also
sickened by the food.