Kellogg Company in Zanesville, Ohio is seeking a Plant QA and
Food & Safety Manager. This role exists to ensure the facility delivers
the required standards of quality and food safety according to Kellogg
policies, procedures, and practices and is responsible for delivery of
continuous improvement and working with Corporate Quality in the execution
of company programs. This position is required to provide a high degree of
operational management and execution, focus on continuous improvement and
the ability to ensure food safety of all products being produced and
packaged and the facility
The Quality and Food Safety Manager will ensure key operations metrics are
established, the delivery of the established metrics, and that quality and
food safety expectations are met and will also require partnering with
Corporate Quality & Food Safety regarding corporate programs and best
Primary Responsibilities include:
1. Directs, plans, and implements quality, food safety, and sanitation
programs for the facility.
2. Partners with Corporate Quality & Food Safety for various program
implementations and best practices.
3. Ensures the facility meets all required quality & food safety laws,
regulations, and corporate policies. HACCP team coordinator; leads cross
functional team for development, implementation and sustainability of the
plant HACCP plant and prerequisite programs.
4. Directs and coaches the facility leadership team to ensure quality &
food safety compliance and has the authority to suspend operations when
serious quality & food safety risks are identified.
5. Responsible for quality & food safety accountability for all hours
6. Based upon the overall organizational structure, this position may be
responsible for the oversight, management, and the development of up to two
(2) direct reports.
With 2009 sales of nearly $13 billion, Kellogg Company is the world's
leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods,
including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, fruit-flavored
snacks, frozen waffles and veggie foods. The Company's brands include
Kellogg's®, Keebler®, Pop-Tarts®, Eggo®, Cheez-It®, All-Bran®,
Mini-Wheats®, Nutri-Grain®, Rice Krispies®, Special K®, Chips Deluxe®,
Famous Amos®, Sandies®, Austin®, Club®, Murray®, Kashi®, Bear Naked®,
Morningstar Farm®, Gardenburger® and Stretch Island®. Kellogg products are
manufactured in 18 countries and marketed in more than 180 countries. For
more information, visit www.kelloggcompany.com. Kellogg Company is an Equal
Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment
that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Kellogg EOE M/F/D/V
Position Requirements The position requires a Bachelor's Degree in
food science or equivalent and a minimum of 8+ years experience; or a M.S.
and 5+ years of experience; or 10+ years experience in a food production
• Broad knowledge of operations and good manufacturing practices
• Proven successful experience in Quality & Food Safety Systems
• Good written and oral communication skills, presentation skills, and
working knowledge and use of computers
• Good knowledge of statistical process control techniques and their
application to process control
• Thorough understanding of food safety science and principles including
microbiological food safety risks and corrective actions
• Thorough understanding of sanitation practices and procedures and pest
• Strong people and project skills and the ability to manage multiple
people, programs and projects