Fidato Partners is
currently looking for a Product Development Lead to join our clients organization in Wayne, PA. This is a food services
organization so someone with a culinary and food science background is
Product Development Lead will be responsible for the development of
Branded products as assigned by the Director of Product
In this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for the
• Responsible for identifying product opportunities. Researches
marketplace and supplier trends to identify opportunities that fit with
customer expectations; creates a continuous pipeline of high potential
concepts for development.
• Responsible for creating and refining specifications by developing
multiple profiles/options for each concept and using a methodical
approach to narrow down to the best alternatives.
• Directs manufacturing processes to help suppliers customize products
and packaging to fit operational needs at a competitive cost.
• Leads efforts between manufacturer’s QA and internal QA teams to
ensure the products will be food safe and comply with all regulations,
including labeling laws.
• Revises formulations and programs based on customer and associate
feedback from sensory events, in-store tests, and sales and profitability
data in order to improve customer satisfaction.
• Monitors production for specification compliance and addresses product
quality issues as needed at all critical path points including store
• Develops, coaches, and trains associates. Completes interim and year
end performance reviews. Interviews and recommends hiring decisions.
Documents and manages associate relation issues. Manages workflow and
assigns projects to direct reports.
• Culinary or Food Science degree preferred
• Minimum of five years experience using a
formal product development process or equivalent Master’s Degree
• Ability to evaluate and make recommendations on products or processes
based on the sensorial attributes
• Experience with the use of standard office software (MS Outlook and
advanced Excel and or Access database skills) and the ability to learn
new software quickly with minimal supervision
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational, analytical and problem
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and work independently