Description: The Food Applications Technologist
is responsible for leading all aspects of new product development,
improving existing products formulation, cost saving through
formulation and ingredient sourcing. This position has high visibility
interaction with customers to lead and influence them into new
products. This position works with all category business teams:
marketing, operations, sales, customer service and engineering.
The Food Applications Technologist is the
principle food technological resource for all category business teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create new and improve existing products.
Investigate, source new ingredients and cost savings.
2. Generate product specifications and
3. Develop direct vendor relationships,
specification and documentation for vendor approval.
4. Product development: formulation,
cost sourcing ingredients, shelf life. Assist in manufacturing first
production run to meet and generate product specification.
5. Work with business units to optimize products
physical performance, shelf life, manufacturability and packaging.
6. Train customers, sales and present technical,
as well as, practical knowledge of products composition, functionality
7. Key role in FDA, USDA, religious and audit
8. Must be able to communicate at every level of
9. Must be able to execute and manage multiple
10. Perform special projects as required by
10 or more years of application experience in
food products design, formulation, costing/pricing, flavor application
of sweet, salty, dry and liquid food products.
Bachelor Degree, preferred in one of the
following: Food Science, Nutrition, Food Processing
Advanced flavor application knowledge in dry and
Detailed knowledge with food products labeling as
outlined under FDA/FSMA, Food Packaging, and Food Labeling and
Allergens (FALCPA) guidelines.
Generate nutritional facts. Knowledge of Genesis
SQL is preferred.
Certification and knowledge in HACCP.
Offers of employment contingent upon passing a
substance abuse screening test and criminal background check.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong interpersonal skills.
2. Able to organize and complete multiple
assignments while working under time constraints.
3. Ability to communicate effectively and
4. Must have strong work ethic and a high energy
5. Self-starter: bias for action, results and
6. Computer skills required with proficiency in
MS Office applications, Bar Tender and SQL
7. Must be able to work days, evenings, and
weekends to meet business needs.
8. Ability to work with a diversified work force.