Company is seeking a Quality and Food Safety Manager in Gardner, IL.
This role is responsible for the Food Safety, Quality Assurance and
Sanitation functions within the plant. This role drives continuous
adherence and improvement of the facilities HACCP program. This includes
the Food Safety Plan (HACCP) as well as the prerequisite programs that are
the foundation for effective HACCP. This role ensures that incoming
materials and products produced are safe, wholesome and of good quality by
establishing and maintaining food safety and quality auditing procedures
Key duties include:
- Leads the HACCP team, HAACP revalidation, and SQF certification;
- Drives food safety audits;- Coordinates and participates in trials for
raw materials, packaging and new products;
- Assists in throughput enhancement efforts;
- Analyzes and reports trends in raw, package, finished product and
- Assists production in controlling quality with appropriate test
procedures and frequencies on the line and auditing of finished products.
- Implements and adheres to Food Safety Programs;
- Directs and coordinates sanitation actions through supervisors
twenty-four hours a day, including master sanitation schedule cleaning,
pest control, painting, and special projects;
- Develops and implements Sanitation programs in accordance with company,
local, state, and federal guidelines;
- Leads and deploys quality and food safety training and education
With 2007 sales of nearly $12 billion, Kellogg Company is the worlds
leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods,
including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, frozen waffles,
and meat alternatives. Visit www.kelloggcompany.com. Kellogg Company is an
Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work
environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its
people. Kellogg EOE M/F/D/V
-A Bachelors Degree in Food Science or a related field, plus a minimum of
10 years of experience is required. Or, a Masters Degree in Food Science or
a related field, plus a minimum of seven years of experience is required.
Or, a High School Diploma or GED, plus a minimum of 15 years of experience
in a food production environment is required.
- Broad knowledge of operations and good manufacturing practices.
- Proven successful experience in Quality & Food Safety Systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation
- Working knowledge and use of computers.
- Thorough understanding of sanitation practices and procedures and pest control.
- Strong people and project skills and the ability to manage multiple
people, programs and projects.