Plans and conducts
complex projects to develop creative and innovative value-added
products in support of the commercial team strategy. Applies scientific
and engineering principles in the research, development, production
technology, quality control, packaging, processing of batter and
breaded food products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops creative and innovative batter and breading systems for
major foodservice customer and associated processors
• Works with independence, exercising ingenuity and judgment in the
approach to and completion of complex projects.
• Responsible for the planning and execution of new and optimized
product development projects across key commercial internal/external
functional groups to support account growth at key client.
• Personally owns and manages multiple priorities and timelines and
uses strong technical and problem solving skills to approach complex
• Functions as a project leader by training, assigning tasks and
accountabilities to junior positions. Mentors junior positions.
• Leads and participates in product presentation to client and internal
• Provides direct link between client, processors, and Griffith
Laboratories companies to address and/or impact critical technical
• Keeps up to date on necessary technical skills and knowledge.
• Leads production trials of new products both internally in Griffith
manufacturing plants and with customers at external processing
• Demonstrates willingness to lead and assist in the implementation of
new technologies and process improvements.
• Provides necessary technical service to Griffith Laboratories’ Global
Operating Units in support of Global Account growth.
• Takes personal ownership of developing new skills to meet future
needs and is a technical expert for GLNA internally and externally
• Suggest and leads implementation of new technologies and process improvements
• Maintains proper record keeping and computer systems