Food Safety & HACCP Group
Leader (Microbiologist) – St. Louis, MO
Company Name: Solae Import
- St. Louis Missouri, 63101
Employees in positions allocated to this series are accountable for ensuring
effective, compliant food safety and HACCP programs are in place in all
Employees in positions allocated to this level are responsible for the
strategic direction of food safety programs at Solae to include driving
continuous improvement in the microorganism management programs at all
facilities. They work under administrative direction. This position reports
to the Global Quality Director and involves 40% domestic travel and 10%
Typical duties of a(n) Food Safety and HACCP Group Leader include:
• Ensure effective, compliant food safety and HACCP systems across all Solae
operations with the major focus on pathogen and microorganism management.
Train and develop site employees on food safety and HACCP.
• Train and develop site employees on food safety and HACCP.
• Design validation studies for microbiological CCPs and other process
• Develop appropriate product sampling schemes.
• Establish appropriate product microbiological specifications.
• Ensure effective pathogen testing procedures and schemes
• Monitor & Maintain a state-of-the-art food safety & HACCP programs
• Investigate food safety incidents for root cause and ensure corrective
• Drive continuous improvement of our microorganism management programs and
• Ensure effective Solae environmental monitoring program
Masters Degree in Microbiology is preferred
Bachelors Degree in Microbiology, Biology or Food
Thirteen (13) years of experience in food safety management of operations of
which at least 5 years of experience as a manager level or higher).
A Masters Degree or higher with eleven (11) years
of food safety management of operations can be substituted for the experience
Additional Competencies and Experience Desired:
1) Knowledge of
• Pasteurization, sterilization technology and validation
• FDA, USDA and international regulatory food requirements
• Food packaging operations
• Environmental monitoring program design
• Pathogen management in low moisture foods
2) Ability to
• Plan Strategically
• Lead and influence people not under direct supervision
• Train, coach and develop others
• Assess and manage risks
• Formulate policies and procedures
• Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate work of others
• Lead projects, gather data and organize ideas.
3) Skill in
• Microbiological risk assessments
• Process troubleshooting
4) Certification in
• HACCP certification
Here To Apply