Food Scientist (Bakery/Dough)-13001545 – Salina, KS
Schwan's Shared Services, LLC (a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Company) is looking for a Food Scientist to join our Product Innovation & Development team in our manufacturing facility in Salina, Kansas. As part of the R&D team in the largest pizza plant in the world, this individual will lead small to medium product development projects, develop formulas, processing procedures and specifications for new products, product enhancements and cost reductions.
· Uses science to study the principles underlying the processing and deterioration of foods; analyze food content; discover new food sources; research ways to make processed foods safe, palatable, and healthful; and apply food science knowledge to determine best ways to process, package, preserve, store, and distribute food.
· Develops experimental formulas, processing procedures and specifications for raw ingredients, subassemblies and finished products for simple new products, product improvements, and cost reductions, meeting pricing, marketing, regulations and operational goals.
· Organizes and manages moderately complex test runs to validate or modify formulas and processing procedures to develop final specifications for the production and reproducibility of finished products.
· Works with team members to ensure successful start-ups of new products, product improvements, cost reductions, and ingredient formula specification or process changes.
· Evaluates ingredients and processing techniques to identify and commercialize simple product improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
· Evaluates, confirms acceptability, creates/updates specifications and implements proposed ingredients or process for Supplier Optimization.
· Provides technical solutions to production issues as it relates to ingredient, formulas, processing procedures, and specifications to ensure continuous production and maintain product quality and safety.
· Documents project status, progress issues, solutions timeline, and accountability according to established procedures and guidelines, providing timely and effective oral and written communication and reports.
· Supports innovation in the development of new ideas, products, or product platforms through ideation sessions and bench-top experimentation.
Education & Experience Required:
· A Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Bakery Science or related field, and at least three years experience in an R&D position, OR a Master’s Degree in Food Science, Bakery Science or related field. Experience with bakery products strongly preferred.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Good PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word;
· Basic knowledge and understanding of food ingredients, food chemistry, food processing, and food functionality;
· Ability to comprehend complex technical articles, research papers, or presentations, and apply technical knowledge learned;
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and offer solutions;
· Ability to taste and ingest any type of food product currently under development.
· Prior experience in Product Development (bakery preferred), particularly in a plant environment.
: US-Kansas-SALINA-KS-3019 SCANLON AVE (0763)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com