Senior Food Scientist – Lisle, IL
John Morrell Food Group located in Lisle, IL is looking for a Senior Food Scientist. The Senior Food Scientist plays a key role in the development and optimization of formulas and processes that lead to products that meet or exceed customer and consumer requirements. He/she is expected to:
· Develop new products and line extensions from benchtop to commercialization.
· Independently plan and execute tests, analyze tests results and effectively translate these into effective next steps that lead to project success.
· Identify technological capabilities of external parties and effectively leverage them internally.
· Work with on-line formulation data base systems to create or adjust product formulations.
· Conduct shelf-life studies on both meat and non-meat products.
· Maintain accurate project files, formulations, specifications and project data.
· Organize product reviews, and provide oral and written progress updates.
· Work with, and provide technical leadership to, cross-functional teams (Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Operations, Finance, Engineering, Quality, Process Control, etc.) in projects requiring R&D support.
· Continuously improve and update food/meat science and product development skills through appropriate training and other learning activities.
· Assist and mentor other R&D team members as necessary.
· Strong scientific knowledge of meat science principles as they relate to meat processing, including non-meat ingredients and their functionality.
· Strong understanding and practical knowledge of meat product formulation principles and tools.
· Ability to translate consumer and customer feedback and expectations into successful, cost-effective products.
· Strong professional and academic networks in the fields of meat science and food science.
· Ability to work with pilot plant equipment with minimal supervision.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills.
· Knowledge of USDA and FDA regulations as they relate to standards of identity, ingredients, nutrition labeling and label claims.
· Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing situations.
· Proficient in on-line work systems and product development software tools.
· Willingness to travel 25-30%; may occasionally need to travel more, depending on project needs.
· M.S./Ph.D. in Food Science, Meat Science or related field with at least 2-5 years of experience, preferably in the meat industry, or B.S. in Food Science or related field with 8+ years of meat industry experience.
· Demonstrated competency in skills listed above.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Lisle, Illinois, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com