Senior Food Technologist – Aurora, IL
New Product Development
· Develop supplements including: powdered and RTD beverages, nutritional bars, capsule, and tablets. Includes: formulation, validating ingredient vendors, preliminary costing and preparing nutritional panels.
· Create and flavor prototypes.
· Organizes sensory panels. Refines formulations until desired characteristics are achieved.
· Conducts pilot plant experiments and oversees scale-up manufacturing runs.
· Enters new innovation formulas into manufacturing software – SAP
o Reformulates to bring formulations into compliance with changing government regulations or customer requirements.
o Guide and mentor junior technologist in daily activities.
o Monitors product stability.
· Documents all formulations, variables tested, product stability, and other pertinent details and enters into lab notebooks.
· Proofreads Supplement/Nutrition facts panels and ingredient listings for accuracy.
· Produces formula cost information; works with marketing and sales teams to establish final product pricing; initiates new item forms for all product introductions.
· Provide leadership in a team environment.
· Identifies & overcomes barriers to successful innovation by developing strong interdepartmental relationships with marketing, sales, manufacturing, operations, and purchasing teams.
· Works with key suppliers to keep abreast of upcoming trends, novel ingredients, and new application ideas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proven track record of developing new concepts & bringing products to market.
· Good flavoring skills and vocabulary to create new products and solve problems.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Detail oriented and well organized.
· Knowledge in sweet systems and flavor application essential.
· Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related field; Masters of Science degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or related field preferred.
· 4-8 years of relevant experience working in the food, beverage, or dietary supplement industry.
· Prior development and knowledge of supplements including powered & RTD beverages, capsules & tablets a plus.
· Working knowledge of any nutritional software & SAP preferred.
· Prior development experience with sports nutrition products or functional ingredients is a plus.
Note: This is a lab position where all food allergens (milk, soy, nuts, wheat, egg, shellfish etc.) are present. This person will be tasting and therefore exposed to them. Please make candidates aware.
Aurora, Illinois, United States
65,000.00 - 85,000.00 USD
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com