Food Technologist - West Liberty, IA
Food Technologist – Research & Development - Food Manufacturing
Position Summary – Food Technologist – Research & Development - Food Manufacturing:
Discover your opportunity - Food Technologist – Research & Development - Food Manufacturing:
Bring your creative energy and drive for results to West Liberty Foods and put your skills to work as a Food Technologist in our Research and Development department. As a member of this exciting and motivated team, you will be at the forefront of developing products for our customers. Drive your projects to completion while working on creating new products, improving current products and creating extensions of product lines. Stop by and talk to us about joining our R&D team, we’re right in your backyard!
What can I bring to the team? - Food Technologist – Research & Development - Food Manufacturing:
· Your ability to utilize creativity and innovation to the existing product development process.
· Your analytical and trouble shooting skills to improve processes.
· Your desire to become an integral part of the ongoing product and package maintenance effort.
· Your ability to emphasize cross-functional team building and input to help achieve department, plant and company goals as well as provide top notch customer service.
· Your ability to promote safe and efficient daily operations.
· Your big-picture thinking as well as your ability to learn quickly and work alongside the team as needed while maintaining safe working practices.
· Your detail oriented side to organize projects.
· Your openness to change and ability to think on your feet.
· Your ability to ensure accuracy and detailed follow-up to your team.
What experience should I have? - Food Technologist – Research & Development - Food Manufacturing:
· Ability to read, write, speak, hear and understand English in order to effectively communicate with team members, vendors and customers to understand instructions to complete and document tasks.
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Food Science, Meat Science or Animal Science. Related experience may be considered.
· Strong background in the understanding of Standard Operating and Sanitation Procedure and Sequence of Operations. Proven experience sufficient.
· Strong background in operations and processing including but not restricted to, injection, grinding, forming, blending, stuffing, sizing, cooking, and slicing in a foods system. Previous experience in meat product research and design is preferred.
· Experience with various packaging systems is desirable.
· Must be able to comprehend the scope of a project from conception to launch including the peripheral areas.
· Individual should be knowledgeable in MOS (Excel, Work and Outlook).
· Possess a valid driver’s license.
What else is important to us? - Food Technologist – Research & Development - Food Manufacturing:
· Must be compassionate but yet be capable of upholding all safety and work rules, policies, and procedures.
· Must be able to work extended hours according to project schedule.
· Must actively strive to meet or exceed company goals and standards.
· Needs to be a self-starter with the capability and confidence to make on the spot decisions.
· Must like/ welcome change and have a continuous improvement state of mind.
· Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other team members and departments.
· Must be able to work in an environment that varies in temperatures.
How will I be rewarded? - Food Technologist – Research & Development - Food Manufacturing:
· Competitive Pay
· 401 (k) Retirement Plan
· Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
· Vacation and Holiday Pay
· Discounts at WLF Market
· Educational Assistance Program
· Wellness Program
· and much more
West Liberty, Iowa, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org