Culinary Product Development Scientist-1400718 - IL-Glenview
Kraft Foods Group is one of the most admired and largest food and beverage businesses in North America. We’re also one of the largest worldwide among publicly traded consumer packaged food and beverage companies, based on our 2012 combined net revenues of $18.7 billion.
We manufacture and market food and beverage products, including convenient meals, Refreshment beverages and coffee, cheese and other grocery products, primarily in the United States and Canada, under a host of iconic brands. Our product categories span breakfast, lunch and dinner meal occasions, both at home and in foodservice locations.
Our diverse brand portfolio consists of many of the most popular food brands in North America, Including three brands with annual net revenues exceeding $1 billion each – Kraft cheeses, dinners and dressings; Oscar Mayer meats; and Maxwell House coffees – plus over 20 brands with annual net revenues of between $100 million and $1 billion each.
In the United States, based on dollar share in 2012, we hold the number one branded share position in a majority of our 50 product categories, as well as in 18 of our top 20 product categories. We hold the number two branded share position in the other two product categories.
This position offers the candidate an excellent opportunity to lead R&D Culinary Development for Enhancers RDQI. Responsibilities include partnering with Marketing & Sales to translate concepts and trends to benchtop prototypes, monitoring and informing on key culinary trends, and networking with suppliers to identify new commercially available ingredients for the Enhancers business. The candidate will support early stage innovation projects, develop gold standards, develop bench-top prototypes, produce samples and attend consumer groups, and partner with developers to scale-up prototypes. This individual must have a strong culinary background, leadership skills, problem solving, and project management skills. The candidate will have significant interaction and need to be able to work across marketing teams, basic research, enabling technologies and external suppliers.
· Partner with R&D to develop, commercialize and launch new products, renovations, and quality improvements.
· Translate new ideas into product protocepts and prototypes by benchtop cooking and work with suppliers to produce testable products for consumer feedback.
· Develop gold standard product for production comparison and ensure commercial product adherence to gold standard.
· Understand ingredient costs with ability to adjust formulas to meet product margins.
· Keep abreast of culinary and ingredient trends, presenting opportunities to R&D, Marketing and Sr. Management.
· Network with external suppliers to identify and evaluate commercially available ingredients.
· Attend professional seminars to stay abreast of current culinary trends.
· Culinary Degree
· Excellence in culinary skills
· Ability to write recipes and translate into formulas
· 4-5 years’ work related experience in either R&D or the catering/restaurant industry
· Basic excel skills
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage complexity with a high degree of ambiguity
· Demonstrated ability to work in project teams.
· Ability to manage projects with a high degree of autonomy
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· BS in Food Science or R&D food industry experience is desired.
Kraft Foods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Kraft recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
: Research & Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org