Food Scientist –
Direct hire position west
SUMMARY: The Food
Scientist is responsible for the formulation of new and existing products,
maintaining records of procedures and results of laboratory and plant
trials. The Food Scientist analyzes data, develops ingredient
specifications, and works directly with customers on new products and reformulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
• Formulates new thermally processed food products including
preparation of lab samples, sourcing raw materials and ingredients.
• Develops formulas and conducts laboratory trials of formulas.
• Manages development and reformulations with customers.
• Sets up and monitors plant scale-ups.
• Maintains records of procedures and results of plant trials.
• Cost reduction and product improvement of existing products through
formulations and process improvements.
• Processes pilot or full-scale retort equipment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Food Science or related field.
• Five to ten years of food related R&D experience and/or
• Experience with a range of thermally processed products including
meats, chilis and soups a plus.
• Computer skills including spreadsheets and data analysis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills
Food & Beverage
or Apply Online
Are you looking for
a company with science in its DNA?
Lab Support, a division
of On Assignment, is a recognized leader in the scientific staffing
industry. Since 1985, our sole focus has been to place scientific
professionals at all career levels in contract, contract-to-hire and direct
hire positions. With a reputation for one-to-one career counseling and a
track record that includes the placement of over 200,000 scientists, Lab
Support has built a reputation as one of the best in the business.
Lab Support is supported
by a nationwide network of branches serving all major markets,
international branches in Europe, relationships with leading scientific
companies and over 20 years of experience.
For more information
visit us online at labsupport.com.
An Equal Opportunity