Corporate Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor – McKee Foods
Corp. Collegedale, TN
Corporate Microbiology Laboratory
Supervisor, Collegedale, TN
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am –
5:00pm (or as required by business needs)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Microbiology or
related field of study and 3 years experience
in a related position with supervisory responsibilities.
- Knowledge of and experience with microbiological
management in food plants to include:
use and function
vs. transient microorganisms
food plant microbial ecology
- Technical knowledge of low moisture food
manufacturing processes and related microbiological risks.
- Ability to work in a team environment to
accomplish continuous improvement.
ability to apply logic and/ or scientific method to a wide range of
to deliver effective and persuasive communication and presentations on
controversial or complex topics to people of all backgrounds and at various
levels within the company.
- Capable of effectively utilizing statistics and
mathematics to analyze data, create information and
develop insights about microbiological data
trends ultimately making improvements to the business in reduction of risks,
- Demonstrated ability to use a
computer to analyze and process information in MS Access databases and
other McKee Foods data systems and to effectively utilize MS Excel, MS Word, MS
Outlook, MS SharePoint and MS PowerPoint.
- Able to organize, set priorities and manage time
- Personable, respected by peers.
- High level of initiative, work well with minimal
- Able to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Able to handle detailed paperwork and maintain
- Willing to receive additional training.
- Willing to travel.
- Experience conducting regular sanitation
inspections and audits of products and equipment for conformity to
federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards.
- Registered Environmental Health Specialist/
- Knowledge of or experience with ISO 17025
- 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in conducting training.
- Supervise McKee Foods Corporate Microbiology
- Maintain lab operations in compliance with the CDC
Bio-safety Level 2 approval level.
- Establish and maintain lab quality system
consistent with the requirement of ISO 17025.
- Train manufacturing employees on microbiological
topics and sanitation principles.
- Manage McKee Foods microbiological monitoring
- Conduct heat kill step validation testing of
- Conduct risk assessments for the company relating
to microbiological issues.
- Develop and implement company quality policies as
they relate microbiological concerns.
- Write, establish and review procedures supporting
the company quality policies.
- Conduct plant facility microbiological audits to
include equipment inspection and proper use of
cleaning chemicals to achieve microbiological
- Review microbiological results, conduct trend
analysis and communicate with plant Technical
and Environmental Services Departments concerning corrective and preventative
interested and qualified, please visit our website at www.mckeefoods.com under the current job
openings to apply.
considered as an applicant for this position, all resumes and/or applications
must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. ET on March 31, 2011.
**We are an Equal Opportunity