Food Safety Specialist
National Environmental Health Association
Skill Level: Senior Level
Position Type: Full Time
The National Environmental Health Association's (NEHA) mission is to advance the environmental health and protection professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all.
The Food Safety Specialist will be a central resource and subject matter expert for NEHA with regards to food safety and food safety initiatives. This position is responsible for overseeing major food safety training requirements and developing training programs and schemes. This position is also charged with keeping abreast of state and federal food safety legislative initiatives and making recommendations.
· Develop and maintain databank of associations and their key members with regards to food safety initiatives, recommendation councils, collaborations and regulatory work groups
· Develop and maintain databank of key NEHA members with regards to food safety training and initiatives including panels and boards on which they sit.
· Develop and maintain appropriate communications lines with state and federal regulatory agencies to ensure up-to-date information on activities and initiative
· Maintain current information on actions and requirements of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
· Assist in Grant writing and RFPs appropriate for NEHA Food Safety.
· Develop and maintain social media communication, including monthly e-newsletters on pertinent food safety information.
· Assist in development and maintenance on NEHA Food Safety training agendas including subject material and instructor training
· Research and report on possible new food safety credentials
· Orchestrate job task analysis panels for current and new credentials and maintenance program
· Oversee Food Safety Credential Registry and ensure program is meeting expected milestones
· Advice on key food safety concerns
· Follow state and federal food safety legislative initiatives and advice NEHA management.
· Advise Executive Director on Food Safety Issues
· Travel as appropriate to represent NEHA's interests in various food safety related events
Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively express abstract ideas. Individual must have a strong background in food safety with a working knowledge of private sector and regulatory food safety programs. The individual must be highly motivated, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality work. This individual must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision. The person should have a strong working knowledge of adult training schemes. Knowledge of IACET standards is a plus. This individual must be a team player
Educational and Work Experience Expectations:
· 5 plus years in a food safety work environment
· Bachelor's degree or higher
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Rance Baker.
Please no phone calls.
When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com