R&D Food Scientist
If you are looking for a new and exciting place to continue your
career, you've come to the right place. Great things are happening at
Colony Brands and affliated companies. Did you
know we are a privately heald company
celebrating over 85 years in business? Colony Brands, Inc. is one of the
largest direct marketers in the United States.
We are looking for an experienced and highly movivated indivdual to work
in our Food Business as a Research and Development Food Scientist at our
Monroe, Wisconsin location.
As a member of the innovation team, focus is
on developing products that surprise and delight our customers; and
flawless execution of new products into the plant. A Scientist is
expected to manage a range of product development projects, from the
project design through commercialization. Also, able to trouble-shoot
issues in the plant on products personally developed, or in familiar
areas; customer visits with manager or on small accounts; and participate
on special project teams when requested. A scientist performs
independently with limited supervision, and understands the required
software systems, important players, ingredient functionality, writing
and using action plans and other organizational tools; and operation's
capabilities and limitations.
1. Develop new bakery and confectionery
2. Commercialize products into plant with goal
of "flawless execution
of new intems into
the plant". (25-35%)
3. Research, brainstorm, and present new
product ideas to mail
order, retail, and wholesale business units.
4. Maintain expertise and build network of
5. Troubleshoot issues in plant to improve
product or efficiency.
6. Participate in special projects.
7. Exhibit behaviors of our Quality Standards
within our Customer
Centricity performance model.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or
related field; Master Baker
Certification or Equivalent.
2. One to two years of Baking or Confectionery
includes functionality and order of addition.
3. One to two years of Baking or Conectionery Functional ingredients
which includes knowledge of stabilizers, emusifiers, chocolate,
compounds, oils, and sweetners.
4. Less than one year of experience with Baking
equipment which includes mixers, ovens, rheons, rotary depositor,
enrobers, kettle cookers, etc.
5. Less than one year of experience in hand
6. One to two years of experience in technical
problem solving, and mechanical skills.
7. One to two years of experience in product
8. One to two years of experience in recipe
9. One to two years of technical writing
10. One to two years of experience in sensory
11. Less than one year of experience in
resource networking which
includes member of industry associations, vendor contacts, and
industry expert relationships.
12. Possess an intermediate knowledge of
13. Possess strong verbal and written
14. Able to make decisions independently.
15. Possess strong organizational skills.
16. Able to work as team with other
17. Possess strategic thinking for planning of
department one to two