Seviroli Foods - Garden City, NY 11530
Created on Mar 18, 2011
This hands-on position will be responsible for working closely with the corporate culinary chef, production management personnel, engineering, purchasing and QA departments. Will develop, maintain and improve formulations for all new and existing products. Create and maintain product bulletins containing ingredient declarations and nutritional facts.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
· Collaborate with Corporate Culinary Chef to create recipes that fit customer criteria and conform to FDA and USDA standards for labeling
· Convert culinary recipes into batch formulas for trialing and costing, and into factory formulas for Production.
· Work with Production, Engineering, Sales and Finance to develop process / product improvements that result in product quality improvements and / or cost savings.
· Work with Finance to determine initial costs of formulas, then work with Chef to adjust ingredients as necessary to meet cost targets.
· Attend all new product trials in factory. Document products and processing methods used, yield analysis, any production issues encountered. Assist plant personnel as necessary.
· Organize samples, plant trials, others as needed for microbiological / chemical analyses / shelf life determination.
· Conduct and document ongoing organoleptic analysis of all new trialed products.
· Determine calculated nutritionals on all trialed products using Genesis software
· Organize ingredient information, nutritional information and heating instructions for product labels.
· Create “in-house” printed labels, and proof “outside” printed labels.
· Co-ordinate USDA application process for label approval
· Support Production at all New Product launches
· 4 Year Degree in Food Science or Food Technology required
· Knowledge of food processing methods
· Basic knowledge of food microbiology
· Knowledge of ingredient functionality (eg: Starches, gums and cheeses)
· Knowledge of labeling regulations, FDA and USDA
· Knowledge of sensory analysis
· Strong knowledge and / or training in HACCP principles
· 3-5 years Food Processing Experience and food formulation, preferably in Frozen Foods
· Culinary Experience beneficial
· Experience with product costing preferable
· Competency with Microsoft Excel
· Capability in the use of nutritional software a must (eg: Genesis)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com