China: 300 students hit by food poisoning

Source of Article:

By Tom Qian  |   2009-3-19  |  

MORE than 300 students suffered food poisoning after breakfast in a primary school in central China yesterday, China National Radio reported today.

The sixth-grade students of Lianchun Primary School in Yexian County of Henan Province started to feel stomach aches and began vomiting about half an hour after having cakes, steamed buns and congee in the school canteen.

The school sent the students to hospital.

Initial investigations revealed that the cakes were made on December 15 but had passed their use-by date.

About 10 students remained in hospital while the others returned to school or went home.





Main Page

setstats            Copyright (C) All rights reserved under

            If you have any comments, please  send your email to