Johnsonville Sausage Job Posting
Food Safety/Quality Coordinator
Johnsonville Sausage has an opportunity for a Food Safety/Quality Coordinator to join our Ready-to-Eat Sausage Team. Your passion for continuous improvement efforts will enable Members in the organization to meet the goals of high quality, superior products. This job is perfect for an individual who has a track record of improving and expanding the scope of their responsibilities and wants to continue to grow and be challenged.
Why This Is A Great Job For A Person Who Wants To Accept Nothing Less Than Personal Greatness
You get to:
· Strategically manage, lead, and coordinate continuous improvement efforts and programs related to food safety and quality processes and systems, including defining performance measures
· Identify trends and process variation in conjunction with the Operations Team; execute corrective actions to optimize the safety and quality of products while ensuring compliance to GMP standards, USDA and other regulatory requirements
· Act as a liaison for plant operations on food safety and quality policies/issues as they relate to both internal/external customers
· Coordinate troubleshooting of day-to-day food safety and quality opportunities to help the teams define comprehensive, proactive solutions
· Use your technical expertise to educate members on food safety and quality applications and systems
· Act as a lead resource to the plant operations and quality teams and facility representative for the Exceptional Product Team
· Serve as a direct coach to develop future leaders as a pipeline for future food safety and quality roles and/or operational leadership positions.
· As a key core leader, drive results towards achieving operational key performance indicators measured in the areas of safety, quality, service, cost, and member development.
· Lead capital pipeline planning efforts for the food safety and quality area
What You Bring To The Job:
· BS in Food Science, Meat Science, Microbiology or related field and 5-7 years of experience in a quality leadership role required
· Experience in food required; meat/poultry processing preferred
· Understanding of processed product shelf life and microbiology
· Knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement processes (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, etc.)
· Proficient with data management and Statistical Process Control
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Project management and team leadership skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required
· Knowledge and understanding of food safety, HACCP systems, USDA/FDA, and other potential regulatory requirements.
· Demonstrated ability to develop others.
· SQF Practitioner, preferred
Member Status: Fulltime, Salary
Hours: Primarily 1st shift, time spent on other shifts as needed
External candidates: Apply on-line at: http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment.
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org