Associate Food Scientist (Mountain Lakes, NJ)
Millions of times a day in over 80% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, many of which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Mountain Lakes, NJ, our $2.6B business employs more than 4,500 people in 19 sites around North America. We are a leader in the dry and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 9 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our brands include Duncan Hines, Aunt Jemima, Lenders Bagels and Vlasic just to name a few.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This is an entry-level
position where product development work is conducted under supervision to
meet project objectives.
· Execute tests using recognized procedures.
· Interpret results and translate to possible solutions.
· Demonstrate technical competence.
· Learn and utilize the on line specification system.
· Maintain accurate and complete records.
· Demonstrate minimum required technical communication skills.
· Develop product development skills.
· Obtain a working knowledge of plant processes and facilities.
· Demonstrate motivated self-confidence and creative problem solving skills.
· Follow directions of the supervisor asking pertinent questions to provide a learning experience.
· Begin developing relationships and understanding of other functional departments.
· Frequent travel (25%-40%) including commercial flights and driving a company or rental automobile 4 to 8 hours as needed.
· Exposure to manufacturing processes and equipment for periodic extended workdays and weekends.
· Numerous extended workdays, including weekends, at headquarters.
· Ability to operate equipment after receiving training and physically lift up to 60 pounds on a limited basis.
· BS/MS Food Science or equivalent
· No professional experience required. Internships or food related previous employment is a plus.
· Good time management skills and basic understanding of the sciences.
· Ability to interact with others in manufacturing, lab, and office environment.
· Computer skills that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with a basic knowledge and understanding of food recipes.
Pinnacle Foods Group LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All openings will be filled based on the qualifications without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, sponsor, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or as a veteran of the Vietnam Era. All applicants are invited to complete the Affirmative Action Supplement.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com