Food Safety QA Supervisor- Protein
Clemens Food Group is the industry leader
in customer solutions. Originally founded in 1895, the Company has a long
rich heritage, deeply rooted in values. Clemens Food Group is a vertically
coordinated company that includes hog farming, food production, logistical
services, and transportation. To this day, it remains steadfastly dedicated
to continuing previous generations' commitment by operating as good
stewards of the community and the environment, offering quality innovative
products and services, and working with our business partners, customers,
employees, and family members with the highest degree of integrity and
The Food Safety/Quality Assurance Supervisor
will maintain, monitor and support all Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory
Programs for the Clemens Food Group and will oversee, at a minimum, all
related day to day production and sanitation activities. This position will
define the operational standards and expectations to achieve a Food Safety
and Quality Culture.
• Food Safety Quality Assurance (FSQA)
department staffing including: hiring, training, development, mentoring,
performance reviews, discipline and dismissal of FSQA Technicians.
• Schedule and assign work activities for FSQA
• Maintain and support all Food Safety, Quality
and Regulatory programs: HACCP, SSOP, Quality, Pre-Requisite programs, etc.
• Initiate task teams to troubleshoot or develop
sustainable action plans to resolve any Food Safety, Quality or Compliance
• Review data generated by Technicians –
initiate action when data or trends indicate non-compliance, loss of
control or a process shift.
• Assess technician tasks and data generated to
ensure compliance to food safety and quality initiatives: ensure that all
products, processes, facility areas are being evaluated.
• Ensure implementation of all Corrective and
Preventative Actions associated with internal or external findings.
• Deliver Training to all CFG entities on Food
Safety and Quality programs.
• Assist with all 3rd party, customer and
• Effectively communicate and maintain strong
working relationships with appropriate personnel across the organization.
• 4-year degree preferred in Food Science,
Animal Science, Biological or Chemical Science; or combination of education
• Five to Seven years
experience in Quality Assurance, Food Safety and/or Regulatory
• Must have Supervisor/Management experience.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, GMPs,
Food Safety, SPC and Quality.
• Ability to compile, analyze and present data
in a summary to multi-level audiences.
• Strong problem solving skills and attention to
• Proficient in documentation and workflow.
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
skills (proficiency in MS Access a plus).
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in
the English language.
• Lead through example – promotes safety
performance and helps establish a safety culture.