Food Safety Specialist-12001953 – Atlanta, GA
This position is responsible for 1) the development validation and verification of plant HACCP plans and 2) the development enhancement and monitoring of programs and procedures required to meet Schwan's corporate policies and regulatory agency requirements for a specific SGSC Inc. facility.
· Serve as plant HACCP Program Coordinator; maintain HACCP Plan; conduct HACCP reassessments as necessary; develop and conduct Critical Control Point validation studies; and coordinate HACCP and food safety training for the facility.
· Develop and conduct food safety risk assessments for plant processes ingredients and finished products.
· Responsible for designing programs and corrective actions from risk assessment findings.
· Audit and verify compliance to plant Pre-requisite Programs (including but not limited to: Allergen Control Pest Control Microbiological testing Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) Program Traceability program).
· Responsible for working with plant engineering Research and Development in development and implantation of lethality validation programs around Ready-To-Eat (RTE) products including but not limited to RTE process risk assessments.
· Serves as liaison between Plant FSQ Manager plant Microbiology department and corporate FSQ to monitor and trend pre-operational sanitation performance and microbiological performance of ingredients in-process and finished products.
· Audits food safety testing procedures (microbiological and chemical/physical) to insure that analysis methods are accurately followed.
· Reviews food safety related testing records and provides management with summaries and/or trend analysis as appropriate.
· Serves as FSQ key contact for plant self-inspections.
· Coordinate the plant's Mock Recall program.
· Assist with Global Food Safety Initiatives program development implementation and compliance.
· Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's degree in food science or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 5 -7 years related experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: HACCP Certified experience with Food Safety inspection Service (FSIS) HACCP Programs as well as experience with FDA Seafood HACCP Programs. Knowledge of math chemistry and microbiology necessary. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions as well as professional journals technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively communicate verbally as well as in writing. Ability to effectively present information at meetings and respond to employees all levels of management and related business units. Experience in food or beverage manufacturing helpful. Demonstrated project management experience.
: US-Georgia-ATLANTA-GA-ONE LEMON LANE (1017)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com