More Than 100 People Sickened With Bacterial Infection After Eating at New York Applebee's

Source of Article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510745,00.html

Thursday, March 26, 2009 http://www.foxnews.com/images/service_ap_36.gif

SYRACUSE, N.Y.   Health officials say more than 100 people reported getting sick after eating at an Applebee's restaurant in suburban Syracuse.

The Onondaga County Health Department says it has confirmed seven cases of Shigellosis among people who ate at the Applebee's in Camillus in early March. Shigellosis is a bacterial infection associated with consuming water or food contaminated with fecal matter.

Investigators are focusing on citrus either lemons or limes used in food or in drinks, but they haven't identified the source of the bacteria.

Health officials say they've advised 52 people to get tested. It will be several days before the results are available.

The restaurant is cooperating with the health department investigation and remains open.

 

Main Page

setstats Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com

If you have any comments, please  send your email to info@foodhaccp.com